1.2

A/N: sorry I haven't updated I've had exams but I can update freely now! 2015

As the sun finally set on the first day of training, Potato girl - Sasha - continued running around the training field. Each step drawing slower and slower as her brown pony tailed hair swished behind her. A group of no more than six - consisting of Connie Springer; Eren Jaeger; Armin Arlert; Marco Bolt; Mina Carolina and Kaminari Moriko, all watch Sasha run out her punishment.

A closed eyed Kaminari just sat idly on the wooden railing, soaking up the suns rays. Next to her, Connie stirred, resting his chin on his open palm. "I thought Shadis was going to kill potato girl."

"I know. One hell of a first day, huh?" Replied Mina, exhaustion lacing her voice.

Connie nodded as his gaze remained on the slow running potato girl. "It's funny. Being told to run until sun sets didn't bother her as much as losing meal privileges for the next five days."

Kaminari just chuckles drawing the others attention to her, her long blonde hair swaying in the soft breeze. Her soft voice ensnares their attention. "I've heard that she's from Dauper. It's a small hunting village in the mountains." Her eyes abruptly snap open shocking the cadets at the intensity of her green orbs as they become transfixed on a cart pulling away from camp.

Eren follows her gaze, setting upon the cart full of people in mild confusion. "Hey, what's that?" He frowned at the sight of downtrodden and exhausted cadets. Kaminari averts her emerald eyes to his similar toned ones, "they're dropouts who prefer to work in the fields than fight-" "but it's the first day!" Exclaims a bewildered Eren, cutting off Kaminari.

She looked away to a small white daisy swaying in the light breeze. She sighed as the rest of those around her watched the retreating figures grow smaller in the distance.

"If you can't handle the pressure, you gotta leave." Says an indifferent Connie with a shrug. It wasn't too harsh but it got the point across. They'd have to be tougher to survive training. Eren pushed off the wall to lean onto the wooden rail, "I can't believe that anyone would rather pull plants then fight."

Marco peers curiously at the brunet, who spoke a lot but nothing really too personal. "You never said where you were from, Eren."

Eren smiled while patting Armin on the back. Memories of their life prior to the breach still fresh in his mind. "The same as Armin, from the Shinganshina District."

"Oh, wow. That means -"

"You saw it! You were there that day," Connie said, eyes blazing with curiosity. "The colossal one did you see him?" He leaned towards Eren who just responds with a simple, "yeah, I did."

Marco frowned and after mentally checking off everyone in their small group his eyes found the last one they knew little about. She was sitting on the rail quietly. "Where are you from Kaminari?"

The stoic girl's face goes through a change of emotions rapidly, splintering from a grimace into a smirk that unnerves the five other cadets. "I was from the under ground, then I made my way to the Shinganshina District Orphanage. It was close to the wall and one of the first things to go." A little white lie was nothing in the scheme of things.

Marco frowned at her disposition, his hands gripping onto the wooden rail in front of him. "Did any of your friends make it out alive? And how are you so unaffected by it?" Kaminari's emerald eyes darken as she shakes her head. Memories of that day didn't align with the lies she had woven but the real ones were painful nonetheless.