Anger

Third Person POV:

Night has fallen by the time the whole of the Scout's Special Operations Squad are all sitting around the long rectangular table lit by two candles. Kaminari sits beside Levi along the length of the table, sitting idly as she eats her apple slinky.

"It's safe to assume that later this week, the word through the grapevine is that we're gearing up for a big mission a month out. One where a bunch of wet behind the ear graduates will be our main backup." Braun states, but the annoyance in his tone about their soon-to-be backup is obviously playing on his mind.

"That can't be right. Why would they do something like that?" Gunther states a little miffed, peering at Kaminari as she plays with her food. "The cadets have been through enough witht the last attack. Why subject them to that kind of torture again?" He asks honestly, vividly aware of how Kaminari misses the cadets but isn't selfish enough to want them to join the scouts after the hell they'd been through.

He respects her and the bravery of the cadets, but Oluo on the other hand? Not so much. "You have to wonder if those snivel drawled kids peed themselves." Oluo remarks, Petra taking off from where he finished. "Surely this can't be the case."

Kaminari makes a noise of agreement from beside Captain Levi. "I agree with both of you. Many of the cadets I've spent the last three years of my life with have been snuffed out in a single day, but those who have survived are surely more equip to deal with the life of being a Scout. If they choose."

They all regard what the small blonde had said carefully, not saying a word but all silently agreeing with her. Levi knew that it was himself and Erwin who sent Kaminari away to make friends, many of which inevitably died or almost died. It was something they both regretted deeply but then again, not at the same time.

Levi sighs breaking the tension, "mission planning isn't my responsibility but it is Erwin's." He reminds them, sending his self proclaimed sister a reassuring nod. "I've bet he's obsessed over every angle."

Eld Jinn makes a noise of agreement, "that's the truth. Especially given how unique the situation is, not even with Kaminari did we have such a feat to accomplish. Consider how many people died on the path to claiming back Wall Maria, then hope comes in a form no one expected. One were not entirely sure on how to deal with." He faces Eren, making the boy suck in a deep breath as he realises that everyone's looking at him.

"Most of us still find it hard to believe." Eld continues leaning towards Eren curiously, "So how does it work? This whole changing into a titan trick, really?" Everyone subconsciously leans forward also, except Levi who doesn't seem overly interested in the subject.

But who was he kidding? It was the million dollar question everyone was itching to know.

"I'm afraid I can't really tell you. My memories are not clear, kind of like being in a trance. I do know the trigger seems to be hurting myself in some way, like biting my hand." Eren's eyes widen as they fixate on his hand curiously, wondering how the hell he knew that. Levi watches Kaminari out the corner of his eye, noticing how she subconsciously holds her hand. 'It must be the same trigger as her's then.'

"You're not going to get anything out of him," He brushes off their questions. "Apart from what the scribblers have laid out in the reports. Not that you won't know who will have a go at it." Levi holds the rim of the teacup, taking a much needed sip. "You'd be lucky to come out of it alive if that one looks at you."

"It's only a matter of time~" Kaminari practically sings from beside the small ravenette. "Wha-What are you talking about?" Eren asks worriedly. Suddenly there's a loud bang and a cry of pain on the other side of the barred wooden door. "Speak of the devil and she shall appear," Kaminari mutters as Petra removes the wooden lock, revealing the one and only Hanji.