Epilogue: Monhegan Moonlight

One year later...

I followed the trail of white rose petals that led from the deck of the packhouse all the way through the backyard. The sound of soft music played in the background as I made my way towards the decorated gazebo where Tristan and Luke stood, patiently waiting. A bright smile lined my lips as I bent down slightly and uttered a few words of encouragement as I tugged at the wandering toddlers with each hand. Both of them wanting to immediately gravitate towards their grandparents who were standing in the front row.

Evie learned how to walk at ten months and Kody just learned how to walk a little less than a month ago. The look of awe on both of their faces as they stared at the massive crowd of people, was absolutely priceless. After what finally felt like forever, I made it to the front where Luke bent down to scoop Evie into his arms.

Tristan picked up Kody after leaning forward to press a kiss against my lips. With a raised eyebrow, a lopsided smile tugged at his lips as he whispered in my ear. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you baby. Both of my guys look extremely handsome." I smiled, kissing them each on the cheek before making my way over to the other side where Nicole handed me a bouquet of lillies.

It was then that the wedding march began and my breathtakingly beautiful best friend made her way down the trail on the arm of her father. Anya wore a vintage sleeveless wedding gown equipped with a massive train and matching veil. Her makeup was flawless and her hair was twisted up into a fancy bun.

I couldn't help the few stray tears that escaped down the side of my eyes as I thought of the long way we've come since the very beginning of our friendship. What once began as an argument over my book and Anya's flip flops being thrown into the lake, has bloomed into an ever lasting sisterhood. Tristan and I watched on as our best friends took their vows and became lifelong partners.

"Care to dance?" Tristan's smooth voice drew me out of my daze. I was mesmerized, my eyes were drawn to Anya and Luke who were laughing as they slow danced with Evie. I was grateful that she found her happy ending as I did mine. With a nod of agreement I allowed Tristan to lead the way towards the dancefloor.

The reception was being held at The Monhegan Moonlight. We closed for business for an entire week, just so we could transform the entire place into the reception of Anya's dream. It took everyone chipping in to set up all the tables, arrange the flowers, and to hang the string of lights all throughout. The view of the Muscongous Bay would provide the perfect backdrop for her wedding photos.

Tugging me close to his chest, I could feel the warmth of Tristan's hands as they rested extremely low on my back. I smiled lovingly at Kody who was fast asleep in Lonso's arms as he chatted animatedly with Marco. Rico and Rosebelle as well as Axel and Nicole danced to our left while the rest of the guys and their mates danced all around us.

"Did you ever imagine things would turn out this way for us?" Tristan asked, pulling away slightly to look into my eyes. The gray of his eyes lightened up a bit as he gazed down at me causing my heart to skip a beat.

"Never." I answered truthfully. "I pictured myself moving out to the West Coast with Anya for college and then marrying some regular guy. Who would have guessed I'd turn out to be a Princess wolf mated to an Alpha?" I chuckled.

Dipping me low, Tristan let out a slight growl. The thought of me being with anyone else triggering jealousy to spark in his eyes. "You're mine Lise, always and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

Leaning down, Tristan tugged me flush against his body as his lips came crashing into mine. He deepened the kiss and ran his fingers through my loose curls, while my hands explored the defined muscles of his chest.

"C'mon guys this is a family function for goodness sakes." Max called out from behind us. "Go get a room!"

With a laugh, Tristan and I pulled away from one another as a fast paced song came on. We joined the group who huddled around in a circle and continued dancing the night away. Anya's parents ended up taking Evie home with them to give Luke and Anya some alone time, while Mr. and Mrs. Evans brought Kody home with them for the night.

As the guests began to leave, our group of close knit friends made our way towards the edge of the deck to wind down and take some pictures. The clinking of a spoon against a glass caught everyone's attention as Tristan let out a loud whistle.

"I know, I know...I already did my "best man toast" at the reception, but I just have a few words to say. I'll make it quick." Tristan announced as he began handing out flutes of champagne. "To Luke and Anya, here's to wishing you many years of love and happiness." We all agreed and toasted to that.

I stood next to Anya, we each had an arm wrapped around each other's waist while Tristan had his arm around Luke's shoulder. For some reason, I wasn't feeling so great, but I didn't want to mention it or taint anyone's moment. Today is Anya's day and I won't let anyone or anything ruin it.

"To my friends and the love of my life, thank you all for your support and for making me into the Alpha that stands before you today. The Monhegan Moonlight isn't just any regular pack, we're a family. We've all come such a long way and it's so amazing how we've all grown together. I just wanted to say thank you and to make a toast...to us...to family...to The Monhegan Moonlight!"

"To Monhegan Moonlight!" We all cheered, downing our drinks and smiling towards the photographer. He managed to capture the perfect picture of our little group of friends, which we ended up hanging proudly above the packhouse fireplace for years to come.

Tristan and I stood at the docks waving at Luke and Anya who were currently on the way to their honeymoon destination. As I stood and watched the calming waves of the sea, I began to get slightly nauseous. A thought which hadn't crossed my mind for a while, suddenly had me spinning around to face Tristan with a look of shock plaguing my expression.

"What's the matter beautiful, are you feeling ok?" Tristan asked with urgency as he took in my panicked expression. His strong arms immediately wrapping around me, pulling me close.

"Nothing's the matter..." Doing the proper calculations again in my mind just to confirm that I was right, I nodded meekly before answering. "But I'm pretty sure we're going to be spending the rest of our night the same way we spent our honeymoon."

Pulling back slightly with a look of surprise and a proud smirk tugging at his lips, Tristan wiggled his eyebrows playfully at me. "Are you trying to seduce me, oh wife of mine?"

With a laugh, I tried to unsuccessfully shove Tristan away from me. "No, I'm not trying to seduce you. I'm trying to tell you that I think...I'm pregnant."

It was as if a lightbulb went off in Tristan's mind as he remembered the dreadful way we spent our entire wedding night locked away in the bathroom, taking test after test to confirm my pregnancy. "I honestly can't think of a better way to spend my night." Tristan smiled, leaning down to plant his lips against mine. "Matter of fact I can't think of a better way to spend the rest of my life, than with you. I love you Annalise Evans and would be completely honored if you would give me my very own 'pack' of Alphas."

With the way things are going, we may just end up having our very own little pack.

The End...

Thank you to each and every single one of you for pushing me to finish this Trilogy! I can't tell you just how much I appreciate your support! I hope you enjoyed the series. I will definitely start working on Kody's spin off as soon as I possibly can. I plan on also working on Irresistible Intentions and Beyond Shattered Hope. XOXO 😘