Chapter 15: Monhegan Moonlight

"What fun is it going to be, if I can't even drink and enjoy myself?" Anya complained as we made our way from the parking lot towards the Monhegan Moonlight. Today's the grand opening, so we came by to show our support. Her right hand rested on top of her round belly, while the left one lay on her hip as the wind blew her maxi dress around her legs.

"C'mon life's not all about having fun and getting drunk." I laughed, linking my arm through hers. "Besides at least there'll be great food." My eyebrows wiggled teasingly. The mention of food was sure to make both of our mouths water.

"Wow business should be booming if the number of cars in the parking lot is anything to go by." Anya nodded her head appreciatively as she gazed around the full lot. I allowed her to walk a few steps ahead of me as I played around on my cellphone sending a text to Tristan and Luke of our arrival.

As soon as Nicole opened the door from the inside to allow Anya to step in, I heard the screams of "Suprise!"  A smile broke out on my face instantaneously. Anya swung around to face me with narrowed eyes and tears trickling down her cheeks, causing her mascara to run. "This was all your doing, wasn't it?" She accused, while her thin arms reached out and pulled me into a hug.

I gave a small shrug, "Not all my doing, but I'll admit to planning it." We stood there momentarily hugging as everyone rushed up to greet us. What better way to celebrate the grand opening of the Monhegan Moonlight than to throw Anya a surprise baby shower? We took up more than half of the dining area of the restaurant and bar. The rest of the space was open for business and it was filled to occupancy.

Pink and white balloons floated from each chair, 'It's a girl' banners decorated the bar and walls, while pink and white zebra tablecloths adorned the tables. In a corner sat a huge heap of neatly wrapped gifts along with the three tier gourmet cake.

As soon as we pulled apart, I looked around and noticed that everyone from our pack, my parents, and members of Anya's family filled the restaurant. Troy and his mate promised to stop by later on after he finished handling a few things with his pack. Luke swung an arm over Anya's shoulder and whispered something into her ear as he kissed the side of her head. The sweet gesture made my smile widen even more.

"You did a great job, baby." Tristan's grey eyes twinkled as he came to stand next to me offering me his trademark smile. His massive arms were crossed over one another laying on his chest as he surveyed our surroundings. He looked like perfection standing there with his black Monhegan Moonlight tee and baggy army green cargos.

"You did a great job too, this place looks amazing." With less than an inch of space between us, the amount of tingles coursing through my body never ceased to amaze me. Something in Tristan brought all my nerve endings to attention. It's been three weeks since we returned home from Spain. We agreed to put all the bad things that happened, behind us and looked forward to our future together.

Rico called me yesterday with the most exciting news I've heard yet. I was running around with Axel and Nicole making sure we finished up all the last minute details for Anya's babyshower, when my cellphone started ringing.

"Hey Rico, is everything ok?" I asked worriedly, knowing it was extremely late in Spain and that my brother would only call me that late if something bad happened. "Are Dad and Lonso ok?" Can you blame me for thinking something horrible happened with my track record of luck?

"Guess what Lise?" Rico's excited voice came through the receiver. I exhaled a breath of relief. This sounded like a good news type of phone call.

"This better be good Rico or I'll fly out to Spain tonight to strangle you for almost giving me cardiac arrest."

Rico chuckled. "I found my mate." Was the only thing I heard before I started screaming with joy. Nicole and Axel looked at me like I was crazy, jumping up and down in the paper products isle of party city. It always worried me that my brothers would have a difficult time finding their mates, especially since they have to stay within royalty.

I worried that a situation like mine would repeat itself. Or that one of my brother's would recognize their mate in someone that isn't royalty...then what? Lord forbid we taint the royal lineage, we all know how well that goes over with the council. Now that Rico recognized his mate, we needed to find Lonso's. One brother's mate down...one to go.

"Her name is Rosebelle and she's the Princess of the Valencia Pack." Rico gushed excitedly. I've never heard this much excitement in his voice, it brought tears to my eyes. I was genuinely delighted for my brother's happiness. "She's beautiful, Lise."

While visiting a neighboring pack's territory to form allies, he recognized his mate. She's the youngest daughter of the Valencia Pack and soon to be Queen of the Manzanares. Rosebelle just returned from studying abroad in London for four years. Rico's been to Valencia territory before for business, but that's why he hasn't had the opportunity to recognize her as his mate.

"I'm so excited for you Rico. When do I get to meet my future sister-in-law?"

"I'll bring her to visit once she moves in and is acclimated to the way of the Manzanares." Rico promised. We bid our goodbyes and ended the call with Rico assuring me that I'll get to meet Rosebelle soon.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" Tristan's deep voice right in front of me broke me away from my thoughts of yesterday's call. A look of concern caused his eyebrows to tug downwards.

Shaking my head from side to side I offered him a smile, while wrapping my arms around his waist. "Just thinking of Rico and Rosebelle." Their names together had a special kind of ring to it. Almost as if they're destined for greatness.

"I'm happy for him." Tristan said, leading me towards the bar area so that I could sit on a stool. Anya and Luke were still making their way around the entire restaurant thanking everyone for attending.

Bless his heart for worrying about me. My feet were awful sore from all the last minute preparations we had to do yesterday. "Now sit down and relax, you've been running around nonstop for the past two weeks in order to bring all this together."

"I'm happy for him too." I agreed taking a seat on the stool. With my back facing the bar and my front towards the crowd, I watched Tristan gesture towards one of the waiters to bring us food.

After we all finished eating Anya and Luke opened their gifts. Tristan and I surprised them by redecorating a portion of their room with a hot pink wall and a custom zebra border...Anya's request. We also bought them a crib with matching zebra bedding and a car seat and stroller set.

"Are you sure you'll be able to come with me to the appointment tomorrow?" I asked between bites while glancing over at Tristan nervously. He's extremely busy as Alpha of the pack and now with the Monhegan Moonlight, his hands are more than full. "I can always have Anya come with me."

"Baby, I wouldn't miss this appointment for the world." Tristan responded, dropping his fork onto his plate and spinning me on the barstool to face him. The roughness of his palm on the back of my neck was a soothing feeling as he pulled me towards him for a kiss.

The moment our lips met all the surrounding noise began to slowly melt away. We were lost in our own little world as everything  else went on around us. Tomorrow will be the day we find out the sex of our baby. I know whether it's a boy or girl, this baby will be loved and protected by so many people. I also know that I wanted Tristan to be there with me more than anything in this world.