Chapter 18: Breakthrough Times Two

It wasn't much of a surprise to me when I awoke this morning alone in bed, yet again. I fell asleep in Tristan's arms and felt him slip out of bed sometime during the middle of the night. No doubt to run patrols, but still what happened to him wanting to hold me all night?

Rolling over, I glanced at the clock taking note that it was only six in the morning. Not being able to fall back to sleep, I headed to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and showered. May as well get an early start on the day. Hopefully the sooner I finish all that I needed to do, the sooner Anya and I could head over to my parents.

I still planned on going to visit my parents. My whole reason for going there was so that I could stop next door to see Mrs. Evans. We definitely needed to talk about whether or not she had to deal with any of these things while being Luna. I also needed some advice on Tristan's major attitude change and what could be possibly causing it.

Making my way down to the kitchen, I cooked breakfast for the pack. It seemed as though I was the only nut awake at this hour, since the house was completely quiet. Once I finished loading the dirty dishes into the dishwasher, I decided to go into Tristan's study to tackle some financial paperwork.

It was my job as Luna to handle the finances and bills for anything pertaining to our house. A job Tristan delegated to me once Monhegan Moonlight was up and running. It was too much for him to handle all the financial aspects of everything. I was glad to be able to help Tristan with it, being it would be one less thing he'd have to stress over.

Opening the door to Tristan's study I was surprised to find Tristan passed out sleeping on the couch. What the hell? Why didn't he come back to bed after patrols? Did he not go on patrols and simply came to his study to get away from me? Too pissed off for words, I immediately shut the door behind me quietly.

What I really wanted to do was take off my shoe and hurl it at his head, but I couldn't bring myself to face his wrath again. Leaning against the wall, I inhaled and exhaled deeply to try and calm my anger. My wolf wanted to go in there and startle the crap outta him to demand some answers.

"Everything ok Luna?" Sam asked as he emerged from his bedroom. He ran his fingers through his bed hair trying to flatten it down.

"Yea, everything's fine." I responded, plastering on a fake smile. "Breakfast is done." Everything wasn't fine and for once in my life I wasn't sure how to go about making things right again.

"Thanks." Same grinned sheepishly. "The smell is actually what woke me up. You always make the best breakfasts."

At the sound of our voices, the study to Tristan's door opened. Tristan stood against the door frame with his arms crossed. He looked wide awake, little did he know I just caught him sleeping on the couch.

"Good morning baby." He greeted, tugging me in front of him as he hugged me from behind.

Instead of relaxing into him like I normally would, my body stiffened. "Morning." I mumbled, unwrapping his arms from around me and stepping away from him. It was something I've never done in all our years together. I needed to get away from him. I was beyond pissed off and I knew if I stayed any longer I'd start a fight.

A low growl emitted from deep within Tristan's chest. I take it his wolf wasn't too happy with my actions. "If you guys would excuse me, I have to go take care of something." I rushed out trying to step away, but Tristan slid to the side and blocked my path.

Sensing a fight brewing on the horizon, Sam quickly walked away towards the kitchen. Uttering something along the lines of him being ravenous. I'll have to smack him upside the head later on for abandoning me to deal with Tristan. Before I could make my grand escape, Tristan grabbed my hand, pulling me into the study. He shut the door behind us trapping me between his muscular chest. His arms caged me in as he rested his hands on the door on either side of my head.