Chapter 4: Dream (Picture of Lise)

Pacing nervously back and forth in the foyer with my hands unconsciously perched atop my mildly swollen belly, I wondered 'where the hell are they?' Rico and Carlos have been gone for four hours supposedly they needed to go deal with something. Now what that is, I haven't the faintest idea. They refused to let me in on the big secret, saying it wasn't any of my concern. None of my concern? What if the council gets a hold of Rico and Carlos? What would I do then?

All this stressing is bound to give me a few gray hairs I thought as I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. Thank god I decided to dye my hair back to my natural color of brown immediately following the wedding. I'm sure my horrid regrowth would be a sight to see, not being able to get highlights for nine months would be disasterous! "Luna, can you please just sit down and relax?" Axel asked for the hundredth time.

Bless his patient heart, I'm sure I've caused him to sprout a few grays of his own. "They should be back by now...something's not right." I sighed shaking my head. I knew I should've put up more of a fight and demanded they take me with them. They must of planned on sneaking out while I was stuffing my face with chicken penne vodka, knowing I'd be too distracted to care. I haven't been eating properly lately with no appetite and even managed to lose a couple pounds so Rico cooked my favorite dish before performing his disappearing act.

"Here drink this it'll help calm your nerves." Nicole said emerging from the kitchen with a piping hot mug of chamomile tea. "Thanks Nic, actually thank you both for putting up with me and my crazy antics." I answered as I gratefully took the mug from her and began sipping it. They both offered an understanding smile and took a seat next to one another on the sofa where Axel wrapped Nicole into his arms.

I turned away in a gesture to offer them some privacy, but in actuality I was slowly dying inside. It's been close to three weeks since I've seen Tristan's face, felt his touch. We weren't any closer to figuring out what to do in regards to getting the council to free my father and Lonso. Everything seemed to lead us to a dead end and it was frustrating. Facing the window, I allowed my thoughts to drift off to Tristan and how much I missed being in his arms, his musky scent of Alpha that comforted me, and the warmth his kisses sent spiraling througout my body. Being away from him was pure agony.

Agony I'd gladly deal with every single day for the rest of my life if that meant it would keep Tristan safe. We mindlinked all the time, but with each passing day...it just didn't seem like it was enough. As a few stray tears escaped my eyes I realized I was physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. Deciding the best thing for me to do at this moment was to go lay down, I called over my shoulder to Axel and Nicole. "If you guys don't mind I'm going to take a nap. Please wake me when they get back."

I should drink chamomile tea more often, it put my entire body in a state of utter relaxation. In fact it was to the point of being delusional. The tingling sensations running along my skin and the smell of Tristan whirled around me as I lay there sleeping. I wish I could stay this way forever. "Lise." His husky voice whispered from beside me causing me to shiver. In my mind I knew I was imagining Tristan being there with me, but my heart fought desperately against it.

"Lise, baby wake up." Tristan's lips brushed against mine causing me to squeeze my eyes shut even tighter. I never wanted to wake up from this dream, it was so realistic. I allowed my hands to find the back of Tristan's neck pulling his mouth back to mine. Basking in the euphoria of his soft lips moving against me so passionately yet needy at the same time, I opened my mouth deepening the kiss.

Pretty soon one thing was going to lead to another in this dream, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to continue living in this fantasy or have a rude awakening. Deciding I couldn't face the dissapointment of Tristan not truly being here, I cut the dream short. Letting out an aggravated groan, I opened my eyes and gasped. Sitting beside me with his face merely inches away, was the love of my life. Did I die in my sleep or is this some sort of cruel nightmare?