Chapter 9: Free For All

Tristan's POV

After mindlinking Lise in the middle of my lunch with Selena, I couldn't get my mate out of my mind. It's been way too long since I had the pressure of her soft lips against mine, ran my fingers through the silkiness of her hair, and simply felt her touch. It angered me to a point beyond my own control. Before I had the chance to even comprehend my next action, I stood from the table and threw down some money.

Selena looked up at me with shock as she held her fork up, positioning it for her next bite. "Tristan, what is wrong?" Selena asked, dropping her fork to the plate. She stood and began to make her way around the table, but I beat her to it. I've had enough of the pleasantries, it's time to deal with this once and for all. I refused to wait another second.

"We need to go." I stated as I grabbed a hold of her arm and began tugging her out the cafe. Pulling out my cellphone, I handed it to a confused yet timid looking Selena as I demanded. "You need to call Mrs. Cortez, tell her I surprised you with a getaway and that you won't be returning to work for a few days."

If things go as planned, she may not be returning to work...ever, but I wasn't going to tell her that. Selena took my phone and dialed some numbers, I ushered her down the street towards my car. Opening the door for her to get in, I heard her telling Mrs. Cortez exactly what I instructed her to do before I shut the door and went around to the driver side.

As I slid into my seat, Selena dropped my cellphone into the cup holder. Her arm stretched out and her hand came to rest on my forearm. It took every ounce of control for me to not cringe at her touch. "What's going on?" She inquired with concern. Either she's really that crazy or way too naive to have this much trust in me. "Is everything ok?"

I nodded my head in response. Telling her we were going to take a little road trip to visit someone. Selena seemed to be satisfied with this answer, sitting back in her seat she strapped on her seatbelt. "Can we stop at my place so I can pack a bag?" She requested, but I shook my head no.

"There's no time." What I didn't tell her is that she wouldn't need a change of clothes once we got her over to the council. They'll probably kill her on the spot for all her deceit. "If you need clothes we can pick some up along the way."

Her eyes squinted a bit with suspicion, as she stared at me for a while, but she eventually dismissed it and leaned over to turn on the radio. "Before we go, I need to take you to where your mate is hiding." Selena said and this time around I could hear a change in her tone of voice. No longer was there a sweet sound to it, this one was filled with hatred.

"We can go there afterwards. I just need to make a quick stop first ok?" I offered trying to lighten her mood. The last thing I need is Selena going psycho on me. 'Lise, I'm headed to Marco's now. I need you to stay upstairs in your room until I come and get you.' I wasn't taking any chances with my pregnant mate.

As I pulled up in front of the pack house on Marco's territory, Selena's expression said it all. She doesn't have the faintest clue about where we are, but that doesn't mean that Marco can be trusted. He could still be involved, maybe he met her off his territory because he doesn't trust her either. Whatever the case may be, I'm ready to get this show on the road. I miss my mate.

Lise's POV

The sound of the front door opening and closing had me jumping to my feet. Rico, Carlos, and Axel decided to go out for a run. All of my pacing was making them antsy. I was pretending to watch television with Nicole, but in reality the only thing I was able to focus on were the minutes on the clock ticking by. Running to the foyer, I all but jumped on top of Marco. "Where have you been? How are my Dad and Lonso doing?" I asked, my voice filled with worry.

Marco let out a chuckle of surprise as he caught me in his arms. "Wow, you're excited to see me." He joked with a smile as he led me back into the living room. "Your Father and Lonso are doing well, considering the circumstances. They asked that you try and not stress too much over all this and sent well wishes your way."

Plopping myself back onto the sofa, I knotted my fingers together anxiously. My heart ached at the mere thought of my Dad and Lonso worrying about me while they're being held prisoner. How could I not stress too much over all this? They're being punished because of me. Remembering my earlier conversation with Tristan, I looked up at Marco. "Tristan needs you to call him, he said it's really important, something about bringing Selena here tonight."

Marco's expression turned serious all of a sudden. It was like he knew whatever it was Tristan had to tell him wasn't a good thing. "I'll call him as soon as I finish telling you what happened. I spoke to the council on behalf of your family, telling them what I've known since the beginning..." I couldn't tell by the look on his face whether the outcome was good or bad.

The build up of suspense was worse than waiting for the murderer in a bad horror movie to make his appearance. My eyes were wide with worry and my heart beat against my chest at an irregular pace. If Marco spoke on my family's behalf, it should be a good sign that he's still roaming free right? "What did they say?" I barely whispered.

"The good thing is that they were willing to listen. They said if we can produce proof that the accusations are lies then they will free your father and brother and dismiss the charges against your family." Marco's solemn expression told me that there's a catch to the 'don't worry, we'll forget the whole thing' scenario. "The bad thing is that we have a little less than twenty-four hours to provide proof. The council has their executions scheduled for tomorrow evening."

It seemed as though all time stood still or maybe it was the fact that I may have possibly stopped breathing on my own. Hearing Marco say that my dad and Lonso are scheduled to be executed tomorrow night had me running down the hallway to the bathroom. I was sick to my stomach and about two seconds away from losing my lunch. How can the council be so ruthless to innocent wolves?

'Lise, I'm headed to Marco's now. I need you to stay upstairs in your room until I come and get you.' Tristan's voice pushed through as I was hunched over the toilet bowl. I didn't answer him back, I was still feeling violently ill. For once, I don't plan on obeying my Alpha's command. I want to kill the bitch as soon as she walks through the door.

"Princesa, are you ok in there?" Marco's voice asked with concern as he tapped lightly in the door. "I called Tristan, but he didn't answer." I suppose he wouldn't answer, considering the fact that he's in the car with her on their way over here.

"I'm fine." I responded with a toobrush full of toothpaste in my mouth. "Be out in a minute." I finished brushing and quickly washed my face. When I opened the door, Marco was leaning against the doorframe waiting for me.

"I'm sorry Princesa, I shouldn't have upset you." He stated guiltily. "Your condition is very fragile and the last thing I want is for anything worse to happen to you. You've already been through so much." He admitted whole-heartedly with a smile. His english has improved so drastically, it brought a smile to my face. Marco has changed for the better, there's no doubt in my mind about it.

Just as I wrapped my arms around Marco's neck in an embrace, to thank him for all he's done. The sound of footsteps coming down the hallway had my head turning to see who it was. The last thing I remember seeing was the back of Tristan's muscular shoulders as he lunged at Marco, yanking him off of me. My mouth dropped open in shock as I watched them tumbling around in the hallway. I wanted to scream at Tristan to stop, but the moment I looked up, my eyes came to rest on Selena.

The evil glint in her eyes as she stared me down had my blood boiling. Without thinking, I lunged at her not aiming to kill, but to do some serious damage. The sound of screaming, cursing, and a lot of things breaking as all four of us tumbled around the hallway could be heard through the entire packhouse. Either someone's going to break us up or only two wolves will come out of this alive.