Find Each Other :::3:::

*Damien’s POV*

These people had problems. I glower as the baby in my lap contently tugs on my wig. Why were they so prone to having me cross dress? I mean, I’m not exactly sprouting facial hair and a six pack, but I don’t look like a girl, do I? On second thought, don’t answer that…

Dallas, as I’ve learned was the baby girls name, was not as hard to take care of as first predicted. She basically was happy to sleep and tug on my wig. According to Abby she could crawl and make her animal sounds but since I walked through the door I’d seen none of that.

She looked like her mother. I stared and squinted and tried my very best to find the traces of Kyle I’d noticed in her once before, but they seemed to have disappeared. Maybe I’d imagined them. Or maybe I’d forgotten them… the second was a rather unpleasant thought.

Regardless, Dallas had a wave of thin blonde hair that stood straight up and seemed to go invisible under direct light. She’d only cried one in the two hours I’d been here, and I finally figured she’d just been hungry. Thank goodness she hadn’t wet her diaper, seeing as I wouldn’t know what to do in that situation. She nearly has the wig off my head when the front door opens and closes.

I adjust it, though I couldn’t say I approved of the blonde colouring Abby had choosen, explaining it was her mothers. The baby-who wasn’t so small that she wasn’t heavy-is lifted and carried in the direction of the noise. She coo’s in complaint, but I ignore her.

“Hi-” how would you greet someone you’ve never met “You’re Rose right? I’m a ….friend of Abby’s” my pause was slight but noticed “She paid me to baby sit… so umm… bye!” I thrust the baby into her arms and navigate around her, bitting my lip.

It’s not until I’m standing outside the hotel and a guy entering gives me the once over that I realize I’m still dressed as a girl. I frown, and linger in a confused state outside of the hotel. For…reasons, I couldn’t walk around cross-dressing. But if I went back and changed into my clothes, Rose would obviously realize what was going on. Clearly I didn’t have much choice…

Deciding to risk it, I start forward. Unfortunately, my luck is worse then the grades I passed high school with, so I’m not even two streets from the hotel when I run into exactly the person I was trying to avoid. “Sarah!” I wince, walk faster. “Hey Sarah!?”

“Ashton” I mutter to myself, rubbing my temples “I so don’t need this…”

Footsteps trotting up behind me, still far but not far enough. It’s icy, it’s cold, and girls clothing definitely is not as warm as boys. I didn’t particularly want to run, but again, what choice in the matter did I have? “Sorry Ashton!” I call out, not turning around as I take off “I can’t deal with this right now!”

**************

Stubborn boy. I rub my sweaty palms against my jeans, the body heat produced by running keeping me warm against the winters wind. He’s chased me for two blocks and he probably would have chased me farther if I hadn’t of ducked into this ally. He’d ran by minutes ago, but I was done taking chances. I’d wait here a bit longer before venturing back into th street.

Strands of the wig get caught up in the wind as it blows, never really starying even as they fought against that which they were attched to. Wearing a wig was so nostalgic, I couldn’t help but form a sad smile. Back when my feelings for Kyle were simple, my feelings for Seth were simple, my feelings for Darcy were simple. I was simple.

Complexity was just another sickness to the world. I twirl some of the blond around my finger and think about how I’d prefer my natural colour. Cross dressing doesn’t bother me that much, actually. I don’t want to be a girl or anything, but clothing and apperances weren’t a big part of who I was.

But wait…. Who was I?

The wind echo’s in my ears and if its trying to awnser me it’s doing a poor job. I always used to know who I was. Always. First I was Darcy’s brother, Seth’s admirer, Kyle’s friend. Then I was Kyle’s piece of shit boyfriend, Seth’s enemy, a brother who hadn’t known his sister all that well…

But now…; the wind just kept blowing.

I was numb. I stared out of the alley for however long it took. I don’t know why my luck changed so drastically, but it did. Maybe, if there was an afterlife and whatnot, Darcy had known I wouldn’t move without a nudge. Or maybe it was fate. But more then anything, it was just-

“Kyle!” I step out from the ally, and he turns his face towards me. He’d been walking past, though many had walked past without me truly seeing their faces, and ‘d known it was him. Maybe it was his purposeful stride, maybe it was because I was secretly hoping to see him. “I-”

“Why are you dressed like that?” That was the first thing he said to me after all this time.

“I-”

“Nevermind” he started walking again.

“W-wait!” I dart after him, stunned. I knew how cold he could be, but how could he be so expressionless? Wasn’t there anything? Anger? Hatred? Sadness? Possibly the slightest traces of understanding or forgiveness? “I need to talk to you”

“Thanks, but no thanks” his voice is cool, emotionless.

“Won’t you talk to me at all?! Why are you back in town if you didn’t want to see me?”

He stops walking, his back still to me. “What? If that’s a joke Damien, it’s pretty fucked up” and he’s serious. His voice quivers with some unshed emotion, and I’ve struck a nerve. I will countinoue pounding on said nerve until he gives me something to hold onto.

“Why’d you come back?! Why now!?”

And the wind is all around us. The only sound and the only sensation. Other people, shadows in the background, are on this road with us, peeking curiously at the boy and girl that are having some kind of confrontation, but I only see his figure, that perfectly straight back of his.

“…..So you mean you don’t know?”

“Know what…?”

“If you don’t know then… never mind.” When he walks away this time, I don’t follow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nomnomnom. Howdy... *Yawn* Shocked that I uploaded? Same. Exams are brutal, just like my spelling and grammar T.T Anyways, Think I might delete Curiousity Killed The Cat, becuase fantasy is apparently not my genre. So... frustrating... But after eight more chapter of this, I have two new nonfantasy (fantasy is hard T.T) stories in mind *Evil Grin* I'll all excitted.

Anywho, comment, make me happy, don't comment, make me sad. It's all the same during exams anyways T.T I'm just a huge ball of stress, so If I go crazy and eat one of you (I'm looking at you Cjxoxo and you xxSHELDONxx, your comments last chapter made me happy so you've become possible targets...) just ignore it. God, I really am insane aren't I.... ignore it.

<3