Breaking Them Up :::8::::

*Damein’s POV*

“Stop chewing so slow” I flick one of my goldfish crackers at Kyle. “We need todevise a plan-our progress has seriously been declining” mostly because this ass was keeping things from me. Of course, now I was keeping things from him in turn. I hadn’t told him about the eavesdropping or about Karen trying to extinguish me with her demonic forces.

The real problem was due to all the secrecy, I knew to much stuff I wasn’t supposed to and wanted to know more then I did. So it was hard to act just write, considering the curiosity seemed to eb leaking out of every socket and it was my job to keep it locked up.

Yeah. None of this was helping with Karen and Seth’s break-up. How much progress have you noticed lately? Zero. We needed to get on it. “Seriously dude” I complain as Kyle chews even more slowly “I promise you won’t choke if you swallow that now liqiud bite of sandwhich”

He stares at me dully, chewing in seemingly slow motion. “Wah!” I start rolling on the ground, helpless. He was just so… impossibly annoying! I feel his eyes on me in amusment as I tug my hair and rollback and forth in a fit of impatience.

Finally, he swallows. “I was thinking” he informs me.

“You can’t think and talk?” I complain.

“I guess you can’t shut up and think” he sighs.

“Don’t you want Karen back? Laziness will get you no where!”

“I think you should let Seth go”

“………” tense silence filled the air. “What?”

“You heard me” he examines my face carefully “You should move on”

If my head tilted anymore it’d be upside down. “What?”

“There are plenty of homosexuals in the world-in this school. Lusting after someone you can’t have just because you’re to afraid to take a chance on someone else is idiotic and will only lead to your own unhappiness. You should just let it go. If he’s not gay, he’s not gay”

I stare at him “You’re broken”

“Interesting theory” he lobs off another bite of his sandwhich.

“I’m helping you get back your girlfriend to you know, so trying to chase me off Seth will only make your life harder. How will you do it alone?”

He glowers “Do you really think that your that useful? So far you’ve provided me with nothing I couldn’t come up with on my own. Let him go”

“Why are you so mean!!!!!” I whine, then gather my senses. “And-anyways, Seth is gay, so wasted effort”

He snorts “Seth isn’t gay” he says matter-of-factly.

“Yes he is!” I complain.

“No he isn’t” his voice hardens in aggitation “What proof do you have?”

“A lot” we were getting into a conversation I wanted to avoid.

He raises a sarcastic eyebrow “Do you now?” his condescending attitude aggravates me into doing it.

I ball my hands into fists and prepare to tell this jerk a story I know I have no business telling.

“Yes.” I spit “I do. We… had sex!”

Silence follows my complete lie. We didn’t ‘have sex’ we almost had sex. That is, until the terrible, depressing and awkward thing happened. The thing I reuse to mention in the contents of even my own mind. Kyle seems to be choking-weird, because he moments ago seemed to take great care in chewing.