Breaking Them Up :::7:::

*Damien’s POV*

Life was starting to feel like a poorly done high school drama, and I was the main character, oblivious to just about everything, given only enough information to be confused. But as far as leading roles went, I was more of a Harry Potter then a Bella Swan, so I didn’t just sit on my ass waiting for things to fall into my hands. I got up and worked with what I could.

At this particular moment? That workable thing was Seth.

Of course, first I had to get him to forgive me before I’d be able to extract any information. And the puppy face wasn’t going to work for something this big-no I had to play him like a deck of cards, get my head in the game, pull out the big guns. “S-Seth.. I’m….sorry!” I wail, throwing myself against him like a torpedo.

He stumbles back a step, caught off guard by my sudden weight. Well he’s distracted I lean in eagerly to his body, sighing in his soft scent… remembering though it’s be easier to just forget…then like the wonderful actor I am, I turn on the water works. “I’m such a terrible person1 I really should kill myself! I don’t deserve to be alive!” I hiccup as he sets me down.

His torpid brain didn’t seem to register my words for a moment. Then he realized it was his duty to comfort me, pat me on the back, and assure me that he understood. Duty rejected. His face hardens and he looks down at me coldly “Don’t say that.”

“B-but..” I whine, as he seems immune to my cute sadness.

“No. I’m not going to forgive you for making me worry like that just because you cry. Do you have any idea what you put me through?” his eyes peirce mine until I look away. Not due to discomfort, no his eyes were beautiful and soft even when angry, but out of fear he’d see through my ploy.

“Seth please!” I really go all in, my tear ducts working in over drive “What am I supposed to do without you?” I wipe my cheeks with the back of my fist, some of Seth’s football buddies looking over at us from across the foyer and scoffing names best not repeated.

Seth stares down at me, and widening my eyes like expandable disks, I look up at him. Finally he realizes how cruel he’s being for not forgiving little old me, and softens visibly. “Fuck. You don’t play fair, you know that?” he growls.

“Yay!” I fling myself at him in another hug “Seth forgives me!”

“Funny how you stopped crying so suddenly” he grumbles, stepping out of my eager arms.

“I’m happy now silly” I poke his nose. “Lets go out for lunch in celebration or our reunition. I have so much that I want to talk about. For starters, how are things between you and Karen going? Irealize I don’t know much about her so let’s have a nice long talk, and-”

“Seth, Damein!” Karen’s voice is suddenly behind me.

This would be the part in the high school drama where we cut to commercial, leaving our audience members eagerly awaiting for the show to fade back in. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t get a nice little two minutes break to come up with an escape tactic. I got screwed.

“I’m actually so glad I found you!” she claps, and after having seen her freaky demonic side, watching her act all cute and preppy was frightening. I flinch closer to Seth, Seth who is smiling at his ‘adorable’ little Barbie who I suspected to be a satianiost or cult leader.

“Why, what’s up?” Seth asks, his eyes drinking in her perfection.

“It’s an inside thing between me and Damein actually” she links her arm through mine and squeezes. Is that what they teach you in satin school? How to cut off circulation to the hands so your victim can’t escape? I never realized before how defenceless I was against dark magic. “So I’ll be borrowing him”