Breaking Them Up :::13:::

*Damien’s POV*

As nice as it’d have been for Kyle to compassionately soothe me and maybe do something a little cliché but heart warming, like say, confess his undying young, let’s face it. This was Kyle we were talking about. And even if he didn’t do anything particularly sweet, I felt a little bit…

Content?

Okay fuck it, I felt happy.

He’d kissed me last night, more then once I might add, and that seemed to be a confession that he liked me, which meant at least someone did. And maybe I liked him to… only a little bit though… and I’d never tell him, he’d never let me live it down.

Kyle rolls over, hogging the blankets even more then he was a few seconds ago, so that my skin was exposed to the cold morning air. Yeah, we were kind of lying on his bed where we’d fallen asleep last night. After I’d told him about…

Seth and Darcy.

I still didn’t know the full story, but even now, I felt a starnge guilty resentment towards my sister. She’d known that I liked him, so why not spare me the heart ache and admit they had a thing? Or had they not had a thing? Did she even know?

I reclose my eyes, missing the oblivion of sleep. Thinking was to complicated, there were to many holes in the story, parts torn out that I knew nothing about. And why did I think myself into these overemotional states? Hadn’t I woke up happy?

I roll onto my side and peek from behind my eyelids at the back of Kyle’s head. Each piece of brown hair, which was naturally spiked even after sleep, gleamed in the traces of sunlight peaking through his window. It was weird, thinking such a mean guy had such perfect features.

“Why are you staring at me?” Kyle yawns. I go rigid. What the hell?!

He rolls over and looks at me from heavey lidded eyes “You’re weird”

Yeah, I‘m weird. He didn’t secretly have eyes on the back of his head or anything.

We both lie there for a moment, looking at each other. Things are beginning to get into that awkward ‘I have no idea what ur relationship is’ stage when footsteps sounded awfully close to Kyle’s bedroom. “Kyle? Are you up for school yet?” I recognize the voice of the blonde servant girl.

Kyle’s eyes widden, and he takes this as the perfect opportunity to scramble out of bed, heave me to my feet, then shove my under his bed. I can just feel the look of annoyance burning a permanent look of disdain onto my face as the door opens. “Kyle?”

“Yeah, I’m up” he grumbles. I couldn’t help but notice how orderly the underneath of his bed was. Not one single dust bunny dared show its face. Then again, if I was a dust bunny, under Kyle’s bed was the last place I’d want to be…. In fact, even as a human this wasn’t ideal.

“Not dressed though” she huffs “I’m only a little older then you and I feel like your mother” by the end of the sentence she’s trailing off like she realizes she’d rushed into that statement carelessly. Silence hung awkwardly between them for a moment, then Kyle yawned again.

“Yeah well, its not like the idea of a mother is unwelcome. But I need to get ready, so sho” I watch his feet as he walks towards her and herds her out of the room, shutting the door behind her. He stands listening to her retreating footsteps, and when he decides she’s far enough adresses me. “You can come out”

I crawl out and give him a look. “What?”

“Well,” I brush some non exsistent lint from my shirt “As incredibly sweet as that was, did you have an actual reason for shoving me under your bed?”