Breaking Them Up :::9::::

*Damien’s POV*

“They’ll be coming along in about…” Kyle glances at his watch “Roughly fifteen minutes. Just stand here and look…” his eyes dance over my body, which is once more disguised as a female. Lets just say, I’m enjoying wigs and dresses less and less “Like that, I supose”

“Yeah, whatever.” I lean my lower back against the railing of the river, the back of my mind nagging about me falling to my death for standing so dangerously close to the edge. We’re on one of the two sidewalks connected by a bridge alongside the rushing body of water. Seth and Karen were on a movie date and would have to cross the bidge to get back home. Hence our choice of spot.

Okay… it was Kyle’s idea. But in my defense, I showed the dedication of dressing up like a girl.

This time-because I’d be interacting with Seth directly-my wig was black and my make-up was heavey. I’d practiced making my voice sound different, and I’d be keeping my eyes down most of the time. It was dark enough outside now to eliminate any chance of him realizing who I was.

Of course, now, because we couldn’t pinpoint exactly where they were, I had to wait here alone and shivering for Seth to come alone with his piece of meat girlfriend, but it was worth it. This plan was better then anything else we’ve come up with, and it’s been three weeks.

Kyle walked to the alley he’d be hidding in until I sent him my pre-written text that Seth and Karen had started on the bridge. Bored, my eyes began roaming. I noticed a teenage boy, about my age, step onto the bridge a little further up the sidewalk. His posture was very tense.

Nothing better to do, I watch him as he walks, expecting him to cross the bridge and coutninoue on his way. The boy, whose face I can’t quite make out from where I stand, instead stops center bridge and looks around. Where I’m waiting blended into the dark, his large exhale of breath makes its way to my ears.

Then, he climbs the bridges railing and stands looking down.

It takes my preoccupied bran a moment to bring into focus what he’s about to do, and I take off running. About a minute later he still hasn’t jumped but looks ready to do so as I reach the beginning of the bridge “Hey! Wait!” I call out. His face snaps to my direction.

“Don’t come any closer or I’ll jump!” he responds, his voice nervous.

“You don’t want to do that” I pant.

We stare at each other for a moment, myself raggid and out of breath, him weary and perplexed. His eyes narrow at me suspiciously, like instead of coming here to save him, I’m here to tempt him into something worse. Finally, he decides on his words and speaks “Yes I do. You don’t know me”

“No, you’re right, I don’t. but you don’t want to die. T-think about your family”

He looks away from me for a moment, looking back to the chruning water “They’ll be alright”

“No!” I shout, shaking from cold and fear. I didn’t know this boy, but I certaintly didn’t want to watch him die. If I pulled out my phone and text Kyle for help he’d almost certaintly jump though, so I was alone on this bridge with him, talking him out of taking his life “They need you”

“No they don’t. no one cares anyways” he says miserably “My dad left, my grilfriend dumped me, my friends hate me now…. It won’t matter…” the last word are sighed softly, almost like he’s trying to convince himself. My eyes round.

“It matters to me!” I plea, trying anything “Please don’t”

“Why would you care ?” he asks. But theres hope in his voice. Like he wants to be talked out of it.