Keeping Us Together ::::5::::

*Damien’s POV*

The green numbers on Kyle’s nightable clock read that its nine in the morning. I’m not sure how or when I fell asleep, I’m positive however, that I need to get myself moving. Someone who worked as often as Kyle’s dad was probably out of the house by now, but I had no idea howl ogn Kyle would sleep.

I slip out of his bed, the springs creaking as a I do, and pause for a moment, watching him stir, silently prayign he doesn’t wake up. After a moment or two of shifting, readjusting, and grumbling he’s as still as he was before, like I’d never shared the bed with him at all.

I leave his room equally as quite, a heavey feeling still rooted in my gut. I wasn’t sure what exactly I had in mind, but I knew I couldn’t just sit around and let Kyle get married. They’d already had one demon child… could the world really afford another?
I creep back the way I’d come the day before, looking at each door carefully. Which one had been the one to Kyle’s dad’s office? And why did they have so many rooms anyways. For just two people? Kind of unnecessary. I glower, eyes jumping from door to door until..

I grin. Yep. That was the one. I slip in and shut it gently behind me.
Okay Mr. Brilliant what exactly do you plan on doing now?

Did my thoughts just insult me? In a very Kyle-ish voice none the less? Clearly I was becoming to stressed by this. I pad across the room, trying my hardest not to make any noise. I didn’t know how many maids they had or if Kyle had noticed my absence or something.

I sit down at the desk, which is freakin huge, an assortment of papers and files scattered across it. I lift one curiously, only to find that the papers are all loose. The scatter across the floor in a mess “Gah!” I cover my mouth with my hand nad quickly gatehr all the papers. Did the order matter? Hope not…

I straighten them out and tuck them away again, eyes sliding to the computer. I slide the mouse back and forth and it lights up. It wasn’t locked or anything, with a bunch of windows opened. After browsing through them, I couldn’t help but feel bored-all business numbers and stuff, nothing that I wanted.
What was I looking for exactly?
Kyle’s mom.
The computer proving useless considering I can’t even find the mans face book, I turn to the phone. Scroll through the recent calls list, feeling like an idiot. What do I expect, a contact labled ‘mom’ like they were some normal loving family?
“Umm… who are you and what are you doing?”
I jump so fast the chair falls backwards with a loud whack. Nursing my now injured head I sit up enough to see a farmilliar blonde maid in the doorway…That’s Kyle’s personal maid, isn’t it? What was her name again? Melody?
“Come here” her voice is so no-nonsense I actually listen.

When I’m right in front of her she reaches out and starts patting me. “Erm… what are you doing?” she continues, ignoring me for the moment, until she’s satisfied. Well, by the scowl on her face maybe not satisfied…
“Did you take anything?” she growls.
Relization dawns on me “Oh-crap, no, I’d never. I’m, umm, Kyle’s friend Damien? You gave me a tour once?” a tiny flicker of something in her eyes. Recognizetion? “I was just…” I look around, hoping for inspiration towards a valid excuse.
“Stealing?” she asks, arms crossed. “Because I’m about to call the police”
“Don’t do that!” I plead “Kyle knows I’m here!”
“So you wouldn’t mind if I woke him up and asked him?” she asks skeptically.
“Don’t do that either please!” my head hangs, knowing she wouldn’t listen to me, but.. “I’m trying to find his mom” I admit. Her eyebrows shot up, the disbelief evaporating right off her face, which was actually kind of soft when she didn’t think I was stealing.

“How do you know about his mom?” she asks, still weary.

“We’re really close…” saying the lie makes me realize we’re not actually close enough for him to talk about his mother to me…. Ouch. Her eyes aparise me once more, this tiem slower, as if deciding whether or not she wants to help me. Finally she sighs.

“I know I really shouldn’t be doing this, considering it could cost me my job and its really none of my business but…” she bites her lip “You want to help Kyle right? So he doesn’t have to marry that girl?” I nod, erasing the last traces of hesitance in her.

“His mothers name is Rose Cumming ham. She’s staying at the Cavina Inn. I’m not supposed to know that” she reminds me “So if you get caught, you didn’t hear it from me” with that, she leaves the room, shutting the door behind her and attacking as if she’d seen nothing.

***************

What did you even say in situations like this? ‘Hey mam, you’re Rose Cummingham right? Me? A stalker? No mam’, though I don’t know your views on homosexuality or family history, I’m your sons boyfriend, and I’m here to ask for you help, when in reality you could be even worse then his father which could be why he seems to hate you. Anyways, he’s going to marry this bitch whom I really dislike and he doesn’t want to marry her ither, even though he did kind of knock her up….’

I don’t think I had enough breath for that. Better try something gentler.

I knock on the door in two quick raps, and stand back, rocking on my heels well I listened to footsteps approach. Wait-I’m meeting my boyfriends mom. Isn’t this a big step or something? Should I have combed my hair? Brushed my teeth-there’d been no time at Kyle’s but I was chewing gum…

No time now. The door swung open.

“What?” the woman was beautiful. Like-If I was staright I’d totally wish she was a cougar beautiful.

She didn’t look much like Kyle though. Her brown hair was curly, hanging to her shoulders in little ringlets. And though they shared the same eye shape, hers were blue and seemed more absentminded then serious. “Erm, Rose?”
“Yes?” she seemed surprised that I knew her name “But I don’t know you…”

“I’m a friend of Kyle’s… umm. Kyle Gammon?” I say slowly, testing it.

Her face is blank for a moment. Then it lights up completely. “You know my son?”

Bingo. I nod and she steps aside, letting me into the room. She clearly had money, if this is where she choose to stay when in town. I look around, the fancy décor making me a little uncomfortable. It was enviorment much like halmark, where I was almost certain I’d break something andit’d be the most expensive thing in the room.

“Sit down” she suggets, and when I do she sits oppisite of me.

“What’s your name?” she asks pleasantly, absolutely beaming.

“Damien” I can’t help but wonder why Kyle hates her. She seems nice.

“Did Kyle send you?” she asks hopefully. When I shake my head, her face drops.

“Oh. Um. Certiantly you came for a reason?” she pauses. “Right?”

“Erm, yeah. It’s sort of complicated though…” I take a deep breath “But before I explain, can you awnser something for me?”

Her eagerness has all slipped away now. She examines me, much like Kyle’s maid had earlier, but there was something different about the look. She was looking at me…. The way Kyle sometimes did. Her eyes showed nothing, but clearly she was searching for…something. “I supose that shouldn’t be a problem”

“Why… after eighteen years of not being involved in Kyle’s life, are you in town now? Why right now does your son finally matter to you?” I’m not sure what I was expecting from her. Tears? Coldness? Not what I got certaintly.

Her lips part in surprise, posture automatically correcting herself “W.. what do you mean?” her eyes do fill now, but its not like I expected. I expected her to be crying because she was sorry… not because she was devastated. “Do you mean… no one knows?”

“Knows what?” I was more lost then her now.

“That I’ve been trying to get my son back since the day I was forced to give him up”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please comment. shall upload again when I get a chance. Seriously\ though, that chance will be far far away if I don't see some comments. seems I've dropped in reads to. Lol. Guess I'm getting worse at this eh? :P
Anyways, comment. And ew. That ^ chapter is basically Kyle-less. How gross. Fantasy boyxboy should be up next weekend <3 I posted a description on my profile. It shall be called Animal instinct unless I come up with soemthing better. be on the look out >.< <3
COMMENT -.-