9

Chapter Nine

Word Count: 1,641

Angras P.O.V

After Annikas father branded me I knew it was worth it, I wasn't ever going to lose her and now I had my own little mark letting everyone know I was taken. I thought about going to a parlor and getting the rest of her name spelled out in a beautiful black ink it would be a symbol of our love. Every thing that has happened lately has blown my mind and it takes my mind back to the war that started all of this. The day I lost the love of my life and my sanity.

(FLASHBACK) February 15, 1619

It was three -thirty in the morning both Abrianna and I were awake feeling the baby in her stomach do flips as we just relaxed like any couple would. Except we weren't like any regular couple we were the rulers of Saint Helm it was a huge duty but as long as I had my sweet Abrianna by my side I knew I would be ok.

"Angra, what are you thinking about dear?"

"About how in 2 weeks we'll have our sweet child in our arms" watching a smile grace her features was one of the main reasons I was excited to live. I didn't have much hope in being a vampire until I met her our species clashed and not in a good way and then one day we bumped into each other while I was handling the patrol and its like my entire world just stopped and I knew right then and there I was in love. Ever since Abrianna has been working non stop to unite every paranormal being.

"Angra..... There's something wrong. I can feel it."

"What are you talking about love?"

"I'm talking about..."

*BANG*

Jumping up alarmed Abrianna and I start running toward the sound of the explosion and all of the screaming to see the entire left wing of the castle being engulfed in flames. Guards running in every direction screaming things that were inaudible

"WHAT IS GOING ON" hearing Abrianna yell made them all freeze in a trance, the power in her voice was so strong I knew I didn't have the time to admire it but I couldn't help it.

"Your Highness, we are under attack. You must get to safety!"

"Absolute not! I will fight beside my people no matter the consequences"

Abrianna is willing to get herself killed as long as it meant saving her castle and her people that is the makings of a true Queen even though I hate that exact idea. I can't loose my Queen I just can't.

"Abrianna, darling please go to the safe room!"

"What did you just say? Angra, I am the QUEEN I can not leave my guards and towns people POWERLESS. What kind of ruler would I be then? Do not ask me to hide from my battles"

The fury in her expression let me know that she wasn't backing down and I knew I'd have to honor it for she is queen.

Nodding my head I pulled her close kissing her as passionately as I could before we set off to battle our enemies.

"Where did they come from?" looking around I watched some of the guards gulp

"Your highness, they're coming from the city"

If they're coming from the city... that means our people are betraying us..

"If its a war they want. Its a war they'll get!" I stood around listening to the courses of "yeahs" as I look at my sweet Abrianna as she stands fierce ready to fight.

Abrianna's POV

How could my own people betray me? How could they go behind my back and try to take me down when I've given them everything of my entire being?? I can think if the betrayal later, right now I need to fight to protect what I've built.