3

Chapter three

Word Count: 1,753

Daevas POV:

As I got off the bus I pranced to the school entrance, entering without Annika felt fantastic! I was finally going to rule this entire school without that cheery nuisance. I smiled and laughed as if I just won the lottery. Everyone that came into contact with or even saw me knew something was up. Could they be any creepier? I smiled even harder than I did on the bus as I walked to my locker I was stopped by tons of people asking me what was wrong and why I was smiling but I just nodded at them I couldn't talk I was too happy to use or even be bothered to find words, so I just smiled as I thought to myself.

Annika is wildly popular, as she is the queens daughter, she has the kindest heart, and one of the sweetest boyfriends ever as I walked to first period her boyfriend approached me he saw the happiness in my eyes and as he approached I started to laugh watching his confused and devastated face, Ah he must've heard. I turned on my heel to try and escape the stupid fool, but he caught up to me, Arlo grabbed my hand and turned me around with suspicion in his eyes.

I must admit Annika hit the jackpot with this one. They've dated for nearly three years, he's gorgeous and super nice. I have a massive crush on him which is one of the many reasons I resented Annika, she stole my love.

"Daeva where's Annika at?" you could just see the anger in his eyes oh god how I loved this black those black pupils

"ANSWER ME"

"Oh Arlo"

his name rolled of my tongue as if it were meant to be there. I gave a wicked grin and watched the vein pop out in his forehead. Well I guess I should talk before he kills me, before I got the rest out knowing that this is going to kill him or me

" Well according to Asho, Annika was taken from their home last night. No one knows where she is or who would've taken her"

I looked straight into his eyes and low and behold not only were they watering but they showed an immense amount of anger. All of a sudden I was thrown against the wall, well shit that hurt. Everyone stopped the immortals stared at us with knowing eyes all the while the humans looked mortified. I just stood up and straightened my jacket, oh gee he doesn't have to be such an ass. I turned on my heels and walked into the bathroom where my American literature teacher stood making sure everything was in place, I dropped my bag to the ground and start to make sure not a hair was out of place.

"Daeva what's wrong with you and David" she looked at me waiting for an answer like she was going to yell at me she must've seen him throw me. I smirked as I walk towards her. You see Mrs. Leighton is a puny human compared to me but little does she know, her favorite person is gone.

"You see Mrs. Leighton Annika isn't here she was taken from her home late last night and as of now they don't know who or how she was taken, her parents discovered this morning and her brother Asho told me, in which Arlo came to me and threw me against a wall"

She looked at me shocked and actually very heartbroken Annika was her star student she had an A in every class and she was the most loved person she loved everyone which was going to make her a wonderful Queen I absolutely hate the fact that I can't have the throne. It deserves someone who actually has a backbone and can actually fight.

As Mrs. Leighton returned to class she went straight to the news channel and waited as her students filed in to her class Annikas story came on the news every teacher and every student watched in shock they all started to cry as the news put a picture of her on the screen with her age and school district and who to contact if she was seen the whole nation was in shock as her mom and dad appeared on the news and put these words out that would bring everyone to more tears.