Chapter Three - Eitur

Author's Note: Sorry, it took me an extra day to get this out! I promised last night, but some things came up...basically Netflix with my friends...and so I didn't get to post. Also, I'm super sick so I can barely think straight, gods help us all. This chapter is a fun time and features some characters we all know and love and I'm glad to be writing about again! Also, I lied about the fun time part. OKAY! Please comment and let me know what you think! Much love!

....................................

....................................

Chapter Three - Eitur, or Poison

I hold Loki’s hair back as he vomits between us into the dirt. “I don’t want to say I told you so but, I - ”

He falls to the ground with a decisive thud. 

“Shit.” I tap his cheek a few times but it provokes no response. He is most certainly and unquestionably unconscious. I straighten up. “Hey boys, can I get a little help here...?”

I turn around and Frey and all his men are sort of just staring in awe at the palace. They’ve never...? They’ve never even seen it before. The source of all their problems and they’re just ogling it because they’ve never even seen something so shiny, let alone massive and/or expensive. I take a step back and watch them a moment. I put my hands on my hips.

“Hello there!” I call out and some of them turn. Frey cranes his neck slowly to look at me, and then he seems to spur himself to action and straight back to reality. “I told you this was a terrible idea, Frey. He doesn’t have the strength to transport that many people that far. It knocked him straight out.”

Frey shrugs, “I am sure his pretentious attitude could use a rest.” I laugh, despite myself and then I shake my head at Frey.

“Come on,” I nudge him with my shoulder and I bend down to pick Loki up underneath his arms. I am sure I could probably pick Loki up myself, but I don’t want to run the risk of hurting him. Truthfully, I’m tired from being away so long. We went looking for adventures, and we certainly found them. More than I bargained for. I suppose so much traveling has tired me greatly. Frey’s strongman grabs Loki from my arms and swings him over his back simply. Loki dangles limply, limbs and wild hair swaying as we ascend the stairs. I wonder how I am even to begin to broach any of this with Thor, let alone Odin. 

“Lady Valkyrie?” Someone calls from behind me. I turn and see Thor and Jane walking arm and arm up towards the stairs. I let out a squeal and fly down the stairs, miraculously not tripping, and I run headfirst into Thor’s chest. He stumbles back, absorbing my force, and he wraps his strong arms around me. He buries his face in the top of my hair and we don’t let each other go. 

“Thor,” I murmur into his chest, “I am so glad to see you.”

“As I am glad to see you, well and returned home,” Thor says, chest grumbling with the vibrations of his deep voice. He places his hands on my shoulders and holds me out at a distance. He looks me up and down but his brows gather together. He reaches down and fingers the tear in the side of my shirt that I had hardly noticed. I brush his hand away, suddenly reminded of the wound in my side that I’ve been actively ignoring. 

“It’s nothing,” I smile faintly, reaching up to touch his cheek. And then I turn to Jane and pull her into a tight hug, wincing away from Thor’s sight. “Jane, you look lovely.”

Jane smiles, looking oddly distant somewhere in her eyes. “You and Loki have been gone quite a while. Did you...?” She pauses, frowning, and then seems to rephrase her question. “Did you have fun?”