Chapter Twenty-Five - Hamingjusamur

Author's Note: I promise I'm trying to update with more regularity, and I know I'm the worst because I keep leaving you guys with depressing chapters, but hopefully this one will lighten things up somewhat. Also this chapter is literally called "Happy". I cannot believe the Icelandic word for "happy" is "Hamingjusamur". It is providing me endless joy. Also, the chapters are taking so long because I have a very specific plan, but sometimes nothing comes to me and my brain decides to be belligerent. Plus I've been taking a lot more time to take care of my grandmother, and now my family is going on vacation to Florida this weekend and then I'm right back in school again. So it's pretty chaotic right now. Also! I just wanted to note a few things for clarity's sake. 1.) If you have seen Guardians of the Galaxy, you may have noted that my Ronan is a little different than the one portayed by Lee Pace in the movie. Lee Pace is still very much my inspiration as far as look and stuff, but the character I have scoped out comes mainly from comic book source material. And though the Guardians-Ronan is sort of a combination of Earth-616 Ronan and Ultimate Ronan, mine steers mostly towards Ultimate Ronan. If you have no idea what any of this means, do not fret. It is just a tiny matter of clarification that you don't need to really deal with. 2.) If you haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy, do yourself a favor and see it! It's awesome. 3.) In the previous chapter I referred to the stones of the Infinity Gauntlet as "Soul Stones", and as it seems the Marvel Cinematic Universe is referring to them mainly as "Infinity Stones". To lessen confusion, the wording has been amended in the previous chapter and I will now be referring to them as "Infinity Stones". Cool? Cool.

Also, in light of the passing of the great Robin Williams, I want to make a point to give you guys a resource should you ever need it. Depression is a serious issue and if you ever find yourself feeling depressed or suicidal USE THIS RESOURCE. The National Suicide Hotline in the U.S. is 1-800-273-8255. Know that there are people who love and care about you (myself included!) and that you can reach out to us for help.

So that's a lot of info and if you skimmed over it, I totally don't blame you. Now, onto hopefully some lightness in a time of great darkness!

...............................................

...............................................

Chapter Twenty-Five - Hamingjusamur, or Happy

 “Perhaps Odin would be more lenient with your punishment if you would only tell him what happened,” Thor suggests for the millionth time. I bite down on my lower lip. Hard. After Odin placed me under a sleeping spell I was checked over by Eir and then brought here. Bound and chained. No better than Amora herself. And then I woke up to Loki and Thor’s company.

“I wish apologizing would make any difference,” I say as I continue to awkwardly chew on my lip. Loki looks at Thor and Thor shakes his head before leaving my cell, slamming the door. I shift slightly in my chair, limited by the restraints. Thor lasted longer in here than I expected, but now it is just Loki and me, sitting in this dank, dark cell together. And I am ashamed. 

He does not look directly at me but instead presses his clasped hands firmly to his lips and whispers things in a tongue I do not understand. All I know is that my body feels so weak I could just slip through this chair and disappear into dust. My bones ache, my lungs burn and it feels like my body is threatening to burst apart. But I keep a tough face on for the sake of not only Loki but my own spirit. I know, I know I have made a terrible mistake in my actions, but, on the other hand, just the faintest part of myself is utterly pleased. 

I cock my head slightly to the side, trying to catch Loki’s attention. He does not notice. "Remember when...when we first met?" I laugh, which turns into a cough. My ribs ache. Loki stops muttering and nods. I shake my head back and forth. "You hated me. Just like you hate me now."