Chapter Twenty-Six - Sannleikur

Author's Note: I know some of you are getting impatient with updates, and, for that, I do truly apologize. I've been trying to clarify some points in the text, so yes, there is a lot of clarifying and exposition for the last few chapters in this chapter. It's been exceptionally difficult because my research is sort of constantly changing, dang you Marvel! Because the major plot of this particular book deals with Infinity Stones (which we will get super in-depth with in this chapter!) I have been carefully studying and monitoring and researching the Infinity Stones within an inch of my life. The trouble being, the game has changed since Guardians of the Galaxy and the color of the gems is not staying consistant witht the comics. So, for the most part, I'm ignoring color and going with what we know from the Marvel movies so far. One stone is fixed for my own purposes no matter what happens in the movies because that's what I want and I shall do it. Also, the Aether is an Infinity Stone, but we have literally NO IDEA which one, so I'm just referring to it as the Aether to keep it simple and not confuse anybody. Okay. See, these notes just keep getting more complicated!!

................................

................................

Chapter Twenty-Six - Sannleikur, or Truth

My finger trails carefully across the dusty page as I scan the characters to no avail. I flip the book shut and place it onto the pile to my left as I reach for another from the pile to my right with a sigh. Suddenly I feel Loki’s mouth on the back of my neck and I close my eyes for just a moment, leaning into his chest.

“Loki, we need to keep looking,” I remind him, turning around and pushing him back.

He frowns. “Surely we can take a little reprieve from all this?” His arms curl around my waist and he kisses my lips gently. 

“No…no! Get back you foul temptress!” I laugh, pushing him away again. He frowns, jutting out his lower lip like a child. I roll my eyes and grab the collar of his shirt, pulling him close so I can give him a peck and then I turn him around to the other bookshelves and send him off with a slight pat to his bum. He cranes his neck to look at me over his shoulder and smirks, arching an eyebrow, but says nothing else on the matter.

Two hours later our prospects seem just as dismal as I add another useless book to the ever-growing pile of useless books. “You’d think with the number of fucking books in this library and with how FUCKING IMPORTANT these bloody stones are, there would be a little more info available somewhere!”

“Perhaps we should take a break for lunch?” Loki suggests, not bothering to comment on my outburst.

“I guess I could use the break. I have to dig up some info on the whereabouts of Frey. I may be able to get something out of the prison guards if I just—”

“You need a real break—oh gods, never mind, do what you will.”

I hesitate, “To be truthful, I am starving…”

“That decides it then!”

“…but there’s so much work to be done!”

“Will you cease your protestations? Come along,” he grumbles, lunging at me and swooping me up over his shoulder with ease. I grunt as his shoulder knocks the wind out of me.

“I hate you.”

“Sure you do, darling.”

……………………..

……………………..

Thor is stabbing at a salad with his fork much to my delight and his own chagrin. Jane has apparently finally gotten through to him about expanding his culinary horizons and about how exclusively eating meat is neither “delicious” nor “honorable”.