Chapter Twenty-Two - Týndur

Author's Note: Hello lovelies! Sorry it's taken me again a long time to update. I haven't felt very inspired which really sucks. Plus I was having difficulties trying to broach a lot of the subject matter in this chapter. Know that I agonized over every word in this chapter. And Monday was my birthday, woohoo! Buuut I was also diagnosed with Mono, so, that's not really fun. And I came up with a basic plot for Winter Soldier fic, of course, when I need to be focusing on other things. But it does mean you may have another Marvel villain(?) fanfiction from me in the near future. And I've been trying to cram in memorizing all my lines for the Shakespeare shows I'm about to do, and I leave for that on Saturday. Speaking of, I'm not sure what kind of free time I will have and what kind of Internet or WiFi I will have access to, so apologies about the next four weeks. If anything hopefully I will get a lot of writing done and be able to publish more chapters when I return if I don't have Internet. Now, as far as this chapter I'm including a super vague trigger warning. I'll encompass it under the categories of depression and loss, so as to avoid spoilers, but if you have any concerns, let me know. And remember, I love you all very much. x

..........................................

..........................................

Chapter Twenty-Two - Týndur, or Lost

Well, this is not going exactly to plan. I cling to the rock as the water rushes over me, shooting up my nose—burning. My eyes would be blurry with tears if they weren’t already blurred with the water rushing at my face unrelentingly. I close my eyes, gripping tight to the slippery rock. 

Okay, okay. I can do this? Right? I mean, how much harder can it be to focus my magic to get the fuck out of the falls. Is that how this whole teleportation thing even works? Jesus Christ. Why is this so difficult? I’ve gotten this far, I can make it just a bit further. 

My grip slips on the rocks and I let out a gasp, allowing water to rush into my mouth. I cough and cough and my hands are slipping quickly from the rock and I have nothing to hold onto. The water crashes solidly against me and knocks me away from the rock with one final push. I fall back into the cascading water, over the edge and what awaits me is the infinity of space. But instead I remain hanging like this, upside down, staring the void of space and all its stars in their great big nebulous faces as water crashes around me before disappearing into nothingness. I look up and the torn hem of my dress is wedged between the rocks and slowly tearing, unraveling, lowering me closer to my pending demise. I hang there for a just a moment and consider the option of death rather seriously before I force myself to sort of sit up and reach for the long strip of fabric and wrap it around my hand, flipping myself upright. I hoist myself back up to the rocks at the edge of the falls and resuming holding on for dear life. 

Fuck this shit,” I groan, gritting my teeth as I press my fingers tighter against the slippery rock face. I swear to all the gods once I figure this out and get to land I am going to hunt down Amora and tear the stupid hair from her scalp. I am going to destroy her. 

Alright, let’s use that motivation, then, shall we? I close my eyes again and try to picture any part of the castle. Anything will help. And yet, nothing comes to mind. I squeeze my eyes tightly as I try to focus but everything comes back blurry in my mind. The place I call home and I can’t get a bloody mental image of any of it. Now I try to think of people, thinking maybe the magic can be used as a sort of homing device? My thoughts focus in on Loki, his face clear as day in my mind. I would breathe a sigh of relief but that seems pretty impractical right now. Okay, so, Loki. Loki Laufeyson. Loki Odinson. Loki, my husband. Think. Think of the perfect angles of his face, his dark untamable hair, and his beautiful green eyes. I can do this, right? Of course right.