CHAPTER XV: Five Kage Summit.

<<Minato's POV>>

I was sitting in Gaara's office helping sort through his work when a Jônin came in with a letter. He handed it to me the bowed at left. Looking it over it was from the Raikage. Looking at it in surprise I handed it to Gaara. "Thank you." His fingers brushed mine as I gave him the letter, the memory of the other day came back up and I could feel my face flush from ear to ear. He chuckled and opened the letter. I was going over his marriage proposals, when he stood up and looked at me, "pack a bag we have a summit to go to, tell Temari and Kankurō as well." I nodded and left the room, stopping in the door I looked back at him. "Gaara," he looked up, "Yes." He looked confused for a bit but when he realized it he broke into a huge smile and I ran to find Temari and Kankuro.

•••

In warm clothing we stood waiting for Kankurō, he was late. When he showed up Temari yelled at him, "you're late, Kankurō!" He nodded, "sorry, it took me awhile to figure out this new trick!" He said with a big smile. Turning to the village we waved, "Be careful, Kazekage...Minato-sama, Kankurō, Temari, take care of him." The elder said with a wrinkled smile. Temari answered the elder while Gaara, twined our fingers my new ring sitting comfortably on my right hand ring finger.

"Not like Gaara needs bodyguards, I'm pretty sure he only needs Minato

"Not like Gaara needs bodyguards, I'm pretty sure he only needs Minato." He said whining. Temari whacked him on the head with her fan and he cringed in pain. "Ow! Temari!" She scoffed and I giggled softly pulling Gaara after me as we jogged into a sprint then into a speed only I could achieve, all they had to do was hold something on me and I did the rest. So with Gaara's hand in one of mine and Temari's in the other she held Kankurō's and they floated while I ran. It was fun and a way for me to train.

Stopping for the night at an inn in Amegakure, we decided it would be a good time to tell them about the engagement...So sitting in the dinning room of the room we rented, with small glasses of tea(too young for alcohol) I let Gaara tell them. "A week ago, I asked Minato a very serious question." The look on Temari's face said it all, she smirked and squealed, "oh my lord!! Your pregnant!!" Gaara spewed his tea, and I turned pale. "No!!" We shouted blushing in both anger and embarrassment. "Geez! Temari are you trying to give us a heart attack!?" Kankurō shouted clutching his chest. "We got engaged!" I said a bit louder than was needed. "Oh my god!!! Show me!!" Temari screamed gesturing for my hand. Holding it and beaming at the ring she smiled and fanned herself in excitement. "Finally you'll be my sister-in-law!" I smiled and nodded. "Yup, and could you let go your going to crush my fingers." I said as she squeezed my hand. Letting go she attacked Gaara next. Kankurō gave me a hug and patted my hair. "When do you plan to have the wedding?" Temari asked. I looked at Gaara and he shrugged, "we don't know yet." I told her. She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Hey Temari, we'll leave it up to you. Just don't go too crazy." Gaara said making his sister beam with even more joy. And hour later I was standing in the room Gaara and I shared I stood out the on the small veranda. "Finally some peace and quiet." He hummed hugging me from behind and nuzzling his face into my neck. Giggling I laid my arms over his, "we should get some sleep, so that we don't accidentally do something to your siblings." He smirked into my neck, "good idea." Straightening up he went into the room to change into fresh clothing for bed. Changing as well I took my hair out of its messy twin buns and brushed it through and then brushed my teeth and crawled into bed beside Gaara who had already passed out. Laying my head on his chest he subconsciously wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. "I love you..." He sighed out in his sleep, smiling I kissed the closet part of him not covered in clothing, which was his collarbone. "I love you too." I hummed back.

•••

<<3rd Person's POV>>

As the Kazekage's group arrived it had started to snow, so they pulled scarves and coats closer to their bodies. At the main entrance the Leader of the Land of Iron greeted the four Sand nin. "We've been expecting you, Kazekage. I am the leader of the Land of Iron. My name is Mifune." Tugging up his scarf, Gaara gave a small nod, "nice to meet you. I am Gaara, the Kazekage." He bowed slightly and Offered warm tea inside while Kankurō bitched about the weather.

<<🍵🍵🍵>>

After tea and the arrival of the other Kages. They went to the meeting room, Minato sat directly behind Gaara hidden behind the Wind banner hung up to represent his spot. While Kankurō and Temari sat a level higher. She(Minato) was basically second in command after Gaara, the elders were advisers and members of the council could run the village if Gaara and Minato weren't present. "Place your hats on the table..." Mifune said looking around as each Kage set their hats on the table in front of themselves. "You were called here today because the Raikage has called this meeting. My name if you don't know it; is Mifune and I will be your mediator. The meeting will now begin."