CHAPTER XXI: Madara Uchiha.

Third Person's Point of View.

Though believing he was resurrected, Madara learns he was brought back with the Reanimation jutsu instead as Kabuto takes control over Mū's body and explains to the Uchiha that he has been made stronger than during his prime. With that, learning of the changes that occurred after his death, Madara pushes forward and takes down a large portion of the Fourth Division with his Susanoo.

However, when Gaara, Minato, the Tsuchikage and Naruto attempt to take him down, Madara reveals himself to have the Rinnegan as it confirmed Kabuto's hypothesis that Madara actually died sometime after the events that created the Valley of the End. Madara then wipes a fraction of the Fourth Division with his Shattered Heaven attack despite the Tsuchikage stopping one of the two summoned meteorites, attempting to summon the Nine-Tails before learning that the tailed beast is sealed within Naruto and Minato.

Madara then proceeds to reveal that he possesses Hashirama's cells by using the First Hokage's Secret Wood Style Jutsu: Deep Forest Emergence, leaving Naruto and the other surviving shinobi of the Fourth Division in shock.

As the Tsuchikage and the remaining Fourth Division members tackle both Madara and Mū, Tsunade and the Raikage make preparations of heading to Madara's location in a very risky gambit with Mabui's Heavenly Transfer Jutsu, which would likely kill them as it is meant for transporting objects.

However, Tsunade decides to take the gamble using her Reverse Seal: Release. Shikaku telepathically communicates to Genma to have him, Raidō and Iwashi to perform the Flying Raijin Justu to transport Mei to Madara's location as well after Black Zetsu is kept at bay by Naruto long enough for Chojuro to defeat the inhuman being.

When the other Kage arrive at the battlefield, Tsunade heals Gaara, Minato and the Tsuchikage while the Raikage and Mei engage Madara as Dodai and the Hokage Guard Platoon chase after the Kabuto-controlled Mū. Once healed, the two saving A and Mei from their enemy's Yasaka Magatama, Gaara holds Madara at bay while the Tsuchikage joins the Kage under the cover of Mei's Hiding in Mist Jutsu to use a jutsu that effects the Raikage's weight so he can knock Mū and Madara a distance away.

Though Naruto wants to help, Tsunade tells the boy that they will deal with Madara while he goes after the "other Madara". As the clone disperses, the Kage leave him one word: "win".

The intense battle between Madara and the five Kage continues as the Tsuchikage attacks Madara with a gigantic rock golem. However, Madara counters with his Wood Style: Deep Forest Bloom, shattering the golem into pieces. Tsunade remembers the jutsu being her grandfather's and as the jutsu released its pollen, she instructs the Kage not to inhale.

Gaara suspends the Kage and the Tsuchikage levitates the Raikage. Kabuto muses on how people thought no other shinobi is as powerful as Hashirama Senju, just like how people consider the powers of the Sage of the Six Paths a myth. Elsewhere, the Hokage Guard Platoon along with Dodai and Sagan continue to pursue Mū. While the Kage are distracted, Madara unleashes his Susanoo, causing them to fall through the trees. Madara proceeds to set the forest ablaze and not long after, the five Kage and Minato became unconscious.

The Tsuchikage, continuously losing his consciousness, remembers of his talk with the First Tsuchikage about the strong will of the Iwa shinobi. Refusing to give up, the Tsuchikage destroys the forest created by Madara with his Particle Style and as a result, the Kage regained their consciousness. As Madara's body is reforming from the Tsuchikage's attack, to the Kage's horror, the face formed from the DNA of Hashirama appeared on Madara's chest.

Meanwhile at the battlefield, Madara decides to take out Tsunade first after realising she was a Senju and also deemed her a weak woman, pathetic compared to the likes of her grandfather. Tsunade stated that she inherited something more than power from her grandfather the Will of Fire, something that Madara should not take so lightly.