CHAPTER XXV: Madara Uchiha Arises.

Third person's point of view.

Though trapped by Hashirama with the Shinobi Alliance approaching to seal him, a grinning Madara has secretly set his plan into motion. With Yin-Kurama explaining to both Minato(s) that Obito will survive the extraction process as he still linked to the Gedo Statue inside his body, Obito lies powerless while noting Rin was his only light and hope in life and that the world began to change after her demise. After remembering Nagato's act of betrayal towards him in reviving Konoha's people, Obito finally understands Nagato's reasons for helping Naruto are tied to the teachings of Jiraiya that gave them, hope for a better future.

Obito, noting his mentor was also a student of Jiraiya's, resolves to sacrifice himself to revive those who died in the Great Ninja War with the Samsara of Heavenly Life. But Zetsu(black) emerges from the ground and grabs Obito, engulfing the Uchiha's body to force him focus the technique on solely Madara as Sai fails to seal him. Though Madara is ecstatic to truly enjoy the thrills of war, his eyes crumble as their living counterparts were not present at the time of his death.

Removing his armor after emerging unscathed from the flames of Sasuke's Amaterasu, Madara turns his attention to Hashirama as he activates the stakes he placed on his rival during their fight and siphons the First Hokage's sage chakra. Though Sasuke resorts fighting Madara with his katana, he is easily overwhelmed by the eyeless Uchiha who considers taking the youth's eyes before offering an alliance between them. But Sasuke refuses and Madara overpowers him and the others before setting his sights on the approaching Tailed Beasts.

Elsewhere, Kakashi and Minato(Sr) question just what had happened and Zetsu(black) explains that Madara has been fully resurrected. As the Shinobi Alliance fall back when the tailed beasts proceed to fighting Madara head on, Gaara supports Shukaku by immobilizing Madara with their Grand Sand Mausoleum Seal. But Madara uses his Susanoo to escape before the sealing was completed. But Naruto and Kurama leads the counterattack on Madara with the tailed beasts using their tails as whips, forcing Madara to fall back while losing his right arm.

A Zetsu(white) then emerges, giving Madara his original right eye as the Uchiha loops off the entity's arm to serve as a replacement limb while his injuries heal. After inserting his right eye back into its socket, Madara summons the Gedo Statue from Obito's body. Kakashi attempts to stop the statue but only manages to amputate one of its arms. Standing atop the statue, Madara uses his Rinnegan to repel the tailed beasts before having the Gedo Statue unleash its chains to restrain them with the intent to extract Gyūki and Kurama first. Attempting to fight the restraints alongside Killer Bee, Naruto finds he cannot cancel his Tailed Beast Mode.

Deeming Naruto's efforts to suppress Kurama's chakra futile, Madara redirects his focus on Shukaku at the Zetsu's(white) inquiry. But Gaara attempts to use his Desert Hands to save Shukaku to the tailed beast's shock after what he put his former Jinchuriki through. This causes Shukaku to remember his previous Jinchuriki host, Bunpuku and realizes that Gaara is the person whom the One-Tail was told would teach him the meaning of "heart" and "acceptance". Seeing Madara about to use his Susanoo to kill Gaara, Shukaku deflects the attack with his Absolute Defense, while Minato(Jr) grabs Gaara and jumps out of the way.

But Madara breaks the chain Gaara was holding and reattaches them to resume sealing Shukaku. Shukaku stops Susanoo's Sword but Madara sends it towards Gaara who uses his Sand to protect him and Minato(Jr), which leads Shukaku to tell him not to overdo it but Gaara continues to fight declaring he is now the One-Tail's equal. The tailed beasts are then dragged into the Gedo Statue, Killer Bee severing one of Gyuki's tentacles while Kurama ejects Naruto after telling Gaara to catch the unconscious youth.

After the tailed beasts have been sealed into the Gedo Statue, Zetsu(white) reports that preparations are done at their end, Madara faces Tobirama as Gaara and Minato(Jr) fly Naruto away from the fight. As Madara overpowers Tobirama, Sasuke prepares to join the fray after Hashirama infuses a bit of his chakra in the young Uchiha along with a "technique" to counter Madara's Sage chakra. Though Sasuke attempts his attack with Tobirama providing a distraction, the young Uchiha finds himself suspended in midair before Madara impales him.