Chapter 15

Don't be angry.. I really have been quite busy. Uni and family stuff... I'll spare you the details. But all you need to know now is that it's up and running and everything's good again :) 

Please enjoy it.. It's been a while so I had to reread the last chapter to get my up to speed. And for that reason, I'm going to include part of chapter 14 in here just as a reminder. So this will seem extra long, but it's not >.< 

____________________________________________________

(Chapter 14)

I put Evain down on my bed carefully and moved a strand of hair that was strewn across her face. She looked so peaceful, yet so much like Ailyn that it hurt. 

“Evain?” I cupped her face gently as her eyes flickered open. 

“Wha… What happened?” She looked slightly panicked and then when she realised she was in my bed she tried to move. 

I held her down gently, “Don’t move just yet, you blacked out, which is… rare for a vampire, but not impossible.” 

“I’m dying, aren’t I?” Tears filled her eyes as she bit her lip. 

“Not if I can help it, I promise.” Before she could realise or try to stop me, I leant in and kissed her. Without meaning to, she responded to my kisses, I could feel her body wanting me. I knew it wasn’t really her, it was just her new instincts, her need for sex, yet I couldn’t stop. I wanted her just as badly. 

I felt her hands run over my back, sending shivers over my body. I let my hands get tangled up in her hair as I pulled her body closer to me. 

A knock on the door sent me hurtling back to reality. What was I doing? She was weak, dying and not herself and here I was trying to make her mine again. I backed away so quickly that I thought I saw the rejection clear in her eyes. 

I went straight to the door and opened it to find Lizzie standing there. “What’s happening? I heard an argument going on, are you and Elijah fighting again?” Her eyes focused on Evain in my bed and she glared. “What the hell is she doing here? Why are you with her? I can’t believe you brought her into the house!” 

“Lizzie, wait. Let me explain.” 

“Fuck no!” She slammed the door and ran off towards Elijah. 

I sighed and looked at Evain who was staring at her feet, looking vulnerable. “Please come with me and help me explain.”

She shook her head slowly. “I think I just need to leave.” 

“No! We’re going to sort this out! We’re taking you and Ailyn back to where it happened and we’ll reverse it ourselves if we have to! I will not let you die like this.” 

She smiled sadly, “I don’t know if you have much choice. It’s getting stronger, Damon. I can feel it!” 

I grabbed her hand and took her back to Elijah where Lizzie was gawping at an unconscious Ailyn on the floor. She rounded on Elijah and nearly screamed. “You did this?! You knocked Evain unconscious so what? So you can both have your precious Ailyn again?! This is ridiculous!” 

She stormed past me, avoiding my grasp on her. 

“Shit. What did you do Damon?!” Elijah questioned me. “She came in here furious after seeing you. This isn’t how we were planning to break it to her!” 

“I know! I didn’t mean for this to happen, you know!” 

“Whatever, let’s head off now before she wakes up, we need to get this sorted out.” Elijah went to grab Ailyn and slung her over his shoulder, like she was a rag doll.