Chapter 1

This is the sequel to Evain In The Night - I've now decided to include a youtube link as well.. This song was playing when I wrote Lizzie's bit.. So it fits best with that part of this chapter. 

Enjoy!!

__________________________________________________

Damon’s POV 

“Evain, please. It isn’t working.” I called out to Evain, but it was of no use. Since we had found my brother’s house, where a struggle had clearly happened, Evain had been sitting in her room refusing to eat. It had only been a couple of days, but she needed her strength, especially if we were to set out to find him. Not to mention the fact that Lizzie would shortly need a few sips of her precious blood. 

Evain was inconsolable, even my charm was wearing thin on her. She sat there on the bed, hugging her legs to her chest and stared at me as if I were mad. She was getting paler and it was worrying me. I wanted so much to just take her into my arms, show her that she just doesn’t need Elijah. She would be better with me. But it was the darker side of me that continuously overthrew my so called pleasant side. 

Every so often I was overwhelmed by it. I could feel it creeping up in me, everything seemed to become darker and my needs intensified. I couldn’t think straight. Every time it happened and Evain was around, it took every ounce of restraint to stop myself from taking her. My dark side and I had a mutual desire. Evain. 

Even now, I could see her sitting on the bed, looking fragile as most humans do, but I wanted her in so many different ways. I felt I stood more of a chance with Elijah currently out of the picture, but she was so withdrawn without him around. He clearly was the light in her life, I was merely temptation. Knowing that she would be happier with him drove me mad. And many times it had driven my dark side to the surface. 

As she studied me with her sparkling eyes full of unshed tears, I could feel the darkness boiling beneath my surface, ready to take over. 

“What’s not working?” She replied quietly. Her voice lacked emotion, she seemed… Empty. 

I clenched my jaw tightly, willing the darkness to remain undetectable until I was alone. I would not let it consume me and then Evain. She would hate me for it. “Sitting up here and refusing to eat. I’m sure if you let me feed you, you might be interested.” Charming her seemed the only way I could get anything across to her. But she was no longer interested in it; she just wanted her precious Elijah. 

He had cursed me for leaving her before, what he didn’t realise is that I had no choice. If I had stayed, she may not have survived. I had been too close to her, had too much of her. She thought I used her, but it wasn’t like that, she will never understand. But he thought I left her because I was selfish, what has he done? He had to run off leaving her upset and then he got taken. He separated himself from everyone and this is what happened. He brought it on himself and now it was destroying Evain. 

I let out a low growl as the darkness swam near the surface, threatening to expose itself. 

“Please just leave me alone.” She whispered softly. I could see she was fighting tears, but most of all, I could feel it. Her emotions cut through me sharply, and with my heightened emotions as a vampire, it was greatly intensified. 

I left the room immediately as the darkness came crashing down around me. I took off straight to my room, when really all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around Evain and make everything better. 

I shut myself in my room, forcing myself to stay away from Evain. Everything inside of me was urging me to go back there and make her mine all over again. I kept thinking back to when she trusted me, alone in my room that night before I left her. I could feel her soft skin against mine, how hot she felt against me.