Chapter 8

Ah yes, it has been a while.. But it's getting done now and I'll have a new laptop soonish. 

So we left it at .. Ailyn has Evain and she's been draining her and she's blacked out. Also Damon's imprisoned behind a silver door thanks to Echo...

ENJOY!  

______________________________

Echo’s POV

When I reappeared outside the room that held Damon captive, I pressed my ear against the cold, now silver, door. I couldn’t hear anyone talking, so I made the assumption that Thunder was no longer there.

I took a deep breath and focused on appearing next to Damon but a wave of nausea slammed into me. Not knowing what it could be, I pushed it aside and tried again. With success, I appeared in front of a pacing Damon. His blonde hair was hanging in his troubled face and his fists were clenched tightly. I very nearly disappeared again.

“Damon...”

He spun to look at me, fury in his eyes. “Don’t even start off nicely. You have caused enough trouble, don’t you think?”

I bowed my head in shame. “You know, I don’t always have a choice.”

“Bullshit.” He spat. “You’ve hated me for decades and I know you hate Evain too.”

I glared at him, “I don’t hate Evain, but she uses people and I don’t agree with that.”

Damon laughed bitterly. “Uses people? You mean like you rotten angels who touch people and make them lust for you?! Because that’s definitely using someone.”

I averted his gaze and sighed, “You know little about me, yet you’re so quick to judge.”

“I know enough from before.”

“Was that before or after you stole from us?!”

Anger flared in his eyes, “I didn’t steal from you!”

I shrugged, “We don’t have time for this. Where’s Ailyn?”

He stared at me, dumbstruck. “Why?” A look of realisation dawned on his face, “Going to help her kill Evain?”

“Look, I’m trying to help, but if you want to be like that then fine, I’ll leave.” I made to move but he appeared in front of me. His hand crushed my arm as I saw the effect I had on him travel slowly up his arm. For some weird reason, it was a slower effect on him than anyone else. I know bloodsuckers were cold, but he must be pure ice.

“Please.” He begged as he loosened his clutch. “I need to know she’s okay.” Desperation shone in his eyes, a desperation I found hard to ignore.

I sighed and pulled out of his grasp, “Fine, give me the details now and I’ll get her myself.”

“No, take me with you!”

“It doesn’t work like that. The moment Thunder knows you’ve gone, my neck’s on the line because he’ll know I’m the one that’s taken you. We may not even get there before he finds out, then you’ll be back here and I won’t be able to help at all!”

He bowed his head in defeat. “Fine.”

                                                * * *

Mere minutes after the location, or Damon’s idea of the location, was revealed, I was on my way. I didn’t have time to go back and get Elijah and Lizzie. Damon was rushing me as it was.