Chapter 14

Yeah I know... It's been a while since I've uploaded >.< I've been very busy at uni and stuff but hey, it's up now! 

________________________________________________

Elijah’s POV 

I was still holding Evain’s hand when we entered the mansion. It made me feel warm, like the emptiness I was suffering with, was gone.

I gave her hand a squeeze, “Are you ready?”

She looked at me with uncertainty, “Do I have another choice?”

“Not really. You’ll be fine, just stay with me.”

It seemed quiet at first. Normally people hear someone at the door and come running to see who it is. But either they were too preoccupied, or no one was here.

“Hello?!”

After a couple of minutes, Damon appeared at the top of the stairs. “And where were you? I’ve been looking for you for ages!” Then his eyes rested on Evain who was still next to me. “You found her then.” He sniffed.

“Yes, no thanks to you. Tell me, how is Ailyn doing? I’m sure you and her are getting well acquainted.” I looked sideways at Evain and saw the sadness in her eyes. I immediately regretted making that comment.

Damon laughed. “So it was you who saw? I guess I’m not surprised. You have the wrong end of the stick, brother. I know who she is, so don’t try and act valiant by telling me you figured it out.”

I clenched my free hand into a fist. “And you think you’re being valiant by leaving Evain alone whilst you run around with Ailyn?”

“Can we not argue right now?” Evain piped up, “We have a lot to sort out and this isn’t really helping…”

“I agree.” Damon responded, winking at Evain. The only thing stopping me from running up to him and tackling him to the ground, was Evain holding onto my hand tightly. Instead, I took a deep breath and led Evain upstairs so we could all confront Ailyn together.

Damon sidled up to Evain and smiled, “I’m sorry, I’ve been trying to gather everyone together, but Elijah ran off and I couldn’t find him.”

Evain ignored him and moved round to the other side of me. I resisted the urge to laugh at the rejection in his face.

Damon moved ahead of us and opened the door to Evain’s room; Ailyn was sprawled across the bed, twisting her hair round her finger. “Aw, this is like a lame family reunion.”

“You knew we were coming?”

She nodded, “I don’t have to be a vampire to hear you all talking outside my room.”

“And yet you’re still here, aren’t you feeling brave.” Damon muttered.

She smiled, “No point leaving, what I want is right here and I didn’t even have to go and get her.” Ailyn got off her bed and walked towards Evain slowly, “Amazing. I never got to see the results seeing as when I came to, I had Elijah comforting me.” She looked up at me and gave me a sweet smile that made me feel sick.

“Pleased with the trouble you’ve caused?” I asked.

She nodded, “It’s incredible, isn’t it? I mean, who knew we could switch bodies! I want mine back though… Well, I want to finish what I started and I’m not going to let you and Damon stop me.”

She grabbed hold of Evain tightly and they both screamed in pain.

“What’s wrong?!” Damon and I were instantly separating them, I held back Evain whilst Damon reluctantly took hold of Ailyn.