Chapter 5

Okay, I know it's been a while since I updated, but I was just finishing my exams. I'm now free! So updating will be much quicker than before.

Enjoy! :)  

_____________________________________________________

Damon’s POV

Back in my room I could still feel Evain’s lips against mine, her scent was all mixed up with my own and I was in a state of bliss. She had finally given into temptation, finally admitted her true feelings. If only Echo didn’t walk in and ruin things, it might have gotten interesting. Damn Echo, always around ruining things. 

“Damon?” 

I turned round and saw Evain walking in my room, sadness hung around her. I crossed the distance of the room quickly, ending it with her only inches away from me.

“What’s wrong?” I would have asked her whether she’d come back for more, but she seemed too upset for that. 

Her eyes sparkled as a tear rolled down her face. “Echo’s going to tell Elijah.” When I said nothing she continued. “You know, about what she saw.” 

Oh. I rolled my eyes, that was the big problem? “And what’s wrong with that? Then you can happily be with me, just like we were before this whole mess began.” 

She shook her head. “He can’t know, it’ll hurt him.” 

In all honesty, then you shouldn’t have kissed me. Silly humans and their emotions. If she was a vampire, she would be all over the place; she might even be with Lizzie upstairs. I small smiled crept up on my face, I wouldn’t mind seeing that. 

“Why are you smiling? We need to do something!” I could hear the desperation in her voice. 

“Do something? What exactly do you want me to do about it? You kissed me, she saw, and now she’s being a snitch. I’m not a teacher nor her parent, what would you like me to do?”

She stared at me, disbelief in her eyes. “You don’t have to be such a jerk about it.” 

I laughed. “I’m sorry; do you want me to kiss it better?” 

She lashed out, ready to slap me round the face but I caught her hand just in time. “Now Evain, we shouldn’t fight, it won’t end well.” 

She struggled against my grip. “I wish I never kissed you.” Her bitter tone was supposed to make me feel guilty, but it didn’t. She couldn’t exactly take back the kiss, it was already done. 

“You don’t mean that really. Now let’s hug and make up, don’t you think us fighting will be a bit odd?” 

“No, they wouldn’t suspect a thing because to be honest, you’ve been trying this for ages. It’s all your fault! It’s not fair.” She moaned. 

Life isn’t fair sometimes, deal with it. “What do you want me to do, Evain? I can’t very well stop Echo from what she’s doing. What did you do to make her act like that anyway? Lizzie used to tell me she was one of the nice angels.” As soon as I mentioned Lizzie’s name, Evain’s face paled and she looked away from my questioning gaze. 

Come to think of it, I never found out why she was so worried upstairs. “What happened when you were upstairs?” 

“Nothing.” 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Don’t lie to me.” 

She crossed her arms and stared at me. Well if that’s how she wants to play it, I’ll just find out myself. Getting into her mind was easy; she put up little resistance to me, almost as if she wanted me to find out.