Chapter {31}

So I leave for a month, come back and promise to never do it again yet I'm updating a month late anyway...

Gosh am I sorry.

Enjoy the chapter. Hopefully it's not the last one till next month *nervous laugh*
_________________________
Do you ever get this feeling, that something just isn't right. That even with all the evidence and what someone is telling you, that there is still a huge problem within the story? That something just can't be right. And the more you think about it and the more you wonder, and try to solve this weird riddle, the further away from the answer you seem to get?

Like the saying "its like trying to find a needle in a haystack" no matter how hard you look, you'll never find the needle in all that hay till you prick yourself. You know the needle is somewhere in that haystack yet you prick yourself anyway, with the slight chance of you seeing it before it's too late. That's how Lucy felt, as she and Natsu walked hand in hand towards her fathers hospital room that next evening. She knew something was wrong yet she continued to look until she pricked herself.

She stayed quiet with every step and as last minute thoughts ran through her mind, telling her to turn back around and never come back.

Something was awfully wrong with Natsu's story. Lucy knew her father to well, and she's never known him to immediately give in to an argument. With his stubbornness, Lucy knew that even if her father knew he was wrong that he would still try to prove he was right. Meaning he never let up without a fight. And that was the one thing that made her doubt this little visit would be just her father apologizing to her.

Of course she trusted Natsu and knew he wouldn't lie to her like that, which was what made her even more confused on what the problem could be. And "there isn't one" wasn't an answer. She learned very early on to trust her gut when it came to her father.

Although a small part of her, a part that she didn't even know of, hoped it actually wasn't one. And that he had actually realized how wrong he was.

So she and Natsu continued on their way to the hospital room. With each step they seemed to slow down, even Natsu who with his own ears heard the man utter his apologizes, could not believe this was all to it. That this was it. After causing so much strife and heartache for Lucy he just suddenly had a change of heart?

No, something else was waiting for them behind that door. Something big.

Once in front of the door, Lucy quickly pushed it open. The door flung open so fast that she flung wind onto her father causing him to direct his eyes towards her at the doorway.

Silence filled the room as Lucy and Natsu stood still at the door staring at Jude who also stared back silently.

"Lucy." Jude spoke, his voice raspy like he hadn't made a sound in days.

Lucy only gave a slight nod and stepped more into the room with Natsu following right on her tail. In Lucy's head she thought maybe for once her dad had actually given in and truly wanted to just apologize. She wasn't looking for that needle anymore. Though she wasn't letting her guard all the way down just yet.

"I believe Natsu here has relayed my message to you?" He says.

Lucy nods again.

"I hope you know, I truly am sorry for all I've done. I am a terrible, vile, and honestly despicable man for what I did too you. And words cannot explain how sorry I am." He says pausing and diverting his eyes towards the door.