(21) I Want To Do Bad Things With You

I Want To Do Bad Things With You

Chapter 21

“I’m so glad that is over,” I said as we made our way to the car.

“Yeah, me too,” Jace replied as he helped me into the car. He has been so sweet and supportive since I’ve gotten out of the hospital. Taking care of my every need, and making me fall even more in love with him.

Jace insisted that I stayed in bed for the rest of the weekend but when Monday came we had to get back to school. We have both lost a lot of work and although I was sure we were going to get a lot of comments thrown our way, I knew that we could deal with it. The kids at School will just have to get use to the idea of Jace and I being together.

My leg and arm was still strapped up and my ribs still hurt a bit but I was starting to feel better. I could walk on my own and d my bruises were almost all gone.

Jace drove us to school Monday morning and helped me out of the car once we got there.  Kids were staring as he slipped his hand into mine but I didn’t care. It felt nice to be able to love Jace freely and no matter what anybody says or does it won’t change a thing. We have already been through so much that I had no doubt that our relationship is strong and could withstand any amount of discrimination and hate.

I could tell that Jace was really worried about me so it is a good thing we had almost all our classes together, I think if he had to leave me alone for too long he might have freaked out. It was really cute.

We spent lunch under the tree where Jace usually sat alone, we ate our sandwiches and then Jace insisted that I lie down with my head on his lap. My body was aching from being active the whole day after lying around for so long so I made myself comfortable and enjoyed the feel of his fingers in my hair.

Jason yelled at us from the football field and although I couldn’t hear everything he said, the word fag was quite clear. Jace showed him his middle finger, causing me to laugh. I noticed that a group of kids not to far away from us were laughing too and when they saw me looking at them, they smiled and waved at us. I didn’t know all of them but I recognized a few from our classes. I guess not everybody heartless.

When the day was over and it was time for football practice I didn’t even feel like going but Jace convinced me.

“You should at least talk to coach,” he said, looking at me with those beautiful eyes and I couldn’t say no. He was right after all. I had to find out if there was any chance of me getting the football scholarship.

The whole team glared at me as Jace and I made our way onto the field and to coach. I could tell they all hated me but if coach said he still wanted me on the team when I finally healed then that is what I am going to do.

I haven’t spoken to him for a while but from the look on his face I could tell that he knew exactly what happened.

”Hi coach, can we maybe talk for a sec?” I asked when we reached him.

“Yes, of course, let’s go take a seat,” coach answered and then yelled at the rest of the team, telling them to stop staring and get the hell warmed up.  They all jumped and started running and stretching. Coach is well respected and not somebody you want to mess with but deep down he has a good heart, or so I hoped.

We sat down on the bleachers and I explained to him exactly what was wrong with me and that the doctors said that I would only be able to start practicing again in a month’s time. I was healing nicely according to them but even when all my bandages and things come off I would still have to start off easy so that I don’t hurt myself again. I hated the idea but I knew they are right. If I don’t look after myself there is a chance that I might not ever heal properly and then I’ll never be able to play football again.

Coach thought about everything I told him and then agreed that when I am ready I can come back and we’ll see how it goes. If I’m as good as I used to be he’ll put me back on the team but if I’m not he’ll have to replace me.

The football season had already started and the final game will be in two months. Our school hasn’t lost a football championship in five years and coach wasn’t planning on ruining his chances if I wasn’t ready to play. I was looking forward to giving my best for that game, the scouts are going to be there and that’s when they are going to be deciding who gets the scholarship. I really hope that I can recover quickly and be as good as I used to be because if I don’t, I have no idea what I am going to do next year.

When we were done talking to coach we went straight home. I was starting to feel tired and my wrist was throbbing.

Jace helped me into the house and insisted that I relax while he made dinner. I wanted to help but he refused. He made us some lasagna and it tasted great which actually surprised me, I never knew he could cook.

“That was delicious,” I stated as I put my plate on the coffee table. Jace had already finished his and was looking at me with the strangest expression on his face. It was a mixture between love, worry and… lust? My stomach flipped and I gulped. Seeing him look at me like that made me want to jump him, of course I couldn’t since I could hardly move but I really wanted to.

“I know of something that tastes even better,” Jace said as he moved closer and took my hand in his.

“Oh yea? What’s that?” I asked, smiling teasingly at him.

“You,” he replied and then pressed his lips against mine.