(19) I Want To Do Bad Things With You (boyxboy)

I Want To Do Bad Things With You

Chapter 19

The next two weeks dragged by slowly. I was getting better by the day but the doctors insisted on keeping me there for observation since I had internal bleeding.

Jace stayed with me every second of every day. I basically had to beg him to go home to change his clothes and get something to eat. I could tell that he was really worried about me and after what happened I couldn’t blame him. I don’t know what I would do if I ever had to lose him.

“I can’t wait to get out of here,” I complained, pushing myself up on my bed. My body still hurt but at least I was able to move around now.

“Tell me about it, I am really starting to hate hospitals,” Jace agreed, smiling at me.

I was starting to feel a bit excited since I will be released tomorrow but I was also getting nervous. Brian’s trial will be taking place the following morning after I am released and I am seriously not looking forward to it. My dad had hired a lawyer and he had come to see me, wanting to get all his facts straight. He seemed like a nice enough guy but the whole idea of testifying against Brian kind of freaked me out. I know he beat me up real bad but I don’t think he was actually trying to kill me, at least I hope he wasn’t. I haven’t spoken to him since that night and I wasn’t planning on talking to him ever again. I didn’t wish him any harm but I really don’t want him in my life.

Later in the evening I ate some more horrible hospital food and then the doctors came to do their final check on me. They gave me a clean bill of health and the next morning I was released.

I had a whole bag of medication for the pain, the swelling and who knows what else as well as a pair of crutches but I was happy nonetheless. I was going home with Jace and I could actually get some real food again .That is if pizza I real food, I’ve been craving for it the last couple of days and although it wasn’t anywhere near lunch time. I ordered a large pepperoni and cheese as soon as we got home. Jace just laughed at me but when it arrived he was more than willing to help me eat it.

 We spent the rest of the day lounging around, trying to figure out what we are going to do now that we are going to be living on our own. Jace’s mom left him the house, which was luckily fully paid, so at least we had a house. The problem is that I only had my savings money for us to live of off. It would last us a while but not forever so we would both have to get jobs. It isn’t ideal but we’ll make due somehow.

After deciding that, we watched a movie in which I managed to fall asleep. I guess it was from the medicine because once again I wasn’t planning on it.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. My stomach rumbled and I sat up, surprised about where I was and what I was smelling. Firstly I had no memory of walking upstairs so Jace must have carried me. The thought made me smile but at the same time I felt kind of guilty. Secondly I was confused as to where Jace had found bacon and eggs to make since we had absolutely no food in the house. We had eaten some more take aways for supper last night, using the last cash we had so I was really confused as I got out of bed, grabbed my crutches and slowly made my way downstairs.

I found him standing in front of the oven, wearing only his boxers. My heart made a flip and something else let me know that they liked what I was seeing. For a second I considered hiding behind the wall since I too was only wearing boxers but then I changed my mind. I didn’t have anything to be shy about after all.

“Morning,” I said softly, trying not to frighten him in case he didn’t know I was there.

“Hey,” he said as he turned around and smiled at me. His eyes met mine and then lingered down to my very happy friend. His smile grew wider and his eyes lingered for a little while longer before pulling them away.

“Where did you get the food?” I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

“Your dad brought it by this morning. It’s probably enough to last us an entire month,” he answered as he walked over to me.

“Oh,” was all I said, surprised once again.

“He wanted to see you before the trial this morning but he didn’t want to wake you,” Jace continued as he helped me sit down at the table.

After we ate I tried to help Jace with the dishes but all I managed do was to break one of the plates. I felt horrible for that and for not being able to help him or do much in general but he reassured me that is was ok and that he loved me even though I was completely useless at the moment. This managed to make me feel a bit better since I knew he was joking, not about loving me though, I knew he was serious about that part.

Jace helped me to get dressed and then we were off to the court. As we drove I got more and more nervous, not having an idea what was going to happen.