(3) I Want To Do Bad Things With You (Boy X Boy)

I Want To Do Bad Things With You

Chapter 3

As soon as Jace was in the passenger seat I reversed out of the driveway and took off at a speed.

“Where would she go?” I asked, still confused as to what the fuck actually happened.

“I don’t know, home probably,” Jace answered without looking at me. I didn’t say anything more. Instead I turned up the volume on my stereo and started heading towards his house. He didn’t live to far away from me, probably about five minutes but it didn’t take us that long to find her.

At first it was just a glimpse of red paint but as we came closer it became very obvious that it was his mom’s car. It was lying on its side between a bunch of trees next to the road. There was break marks all over the road and the glass from the broken windows were glistening under the street lights.

Not one of us said a word as I slammed on my breaks and brought my car to a stop closely behind hers.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I threw open my door and jumped out. Jace reached his mom’s car before me and from the look on his face I could tell that it wasn’t good.

“Call 911,” he yelled when I reached him, his eyes never leaving the trail of blood that was slowly making its way out from her car. I expected him to scream or freak out in some way but he didn’t, he just stood there staring at the wreck in front of us as I took out my phone and called 911.

It didn’t take the ambulance long to get there but it was the longest minutes of my life. I had no idea what to do. I was way too scared to try to get his mom out of the car since there was a big chance that I could hurt her more then she already was and I was way too scared to say anything to Jace. He had this empty expression on his face and I had no idea what he was thinking, I had a feeling that no matter what I said or did it wouldn’t be enough.

When the ambulance finally arrived they carefully pulled his mom from the wreck and loaded her into the back. Her face and clothes were both stained with blood, causing a feeling of dread to fill my body and making me realize that life is way too short to waste on unimportant stuff.

Jace got into the ambulance and I followed behind in my car. While I was driving I phoned my dad and told him what had happened. He said that he would tell my mom and then promised to meet me at the hospital before he hung up.

My stomach was doing flips as I drove and by the time I stopped at the hospital I was feeling sick. I wasn’t quite sure if it was because I had too much to drink or because of what happened but I had a feeling it was the latter.

I sat in my car for a minute or two, trying to compose myself before getting out. I had no idea what lay in wait for me inside. Will Jace’s mom be ok? Will we go back to ignoring each other? I had no idea but I had to find out so I got out, slammed the door and made my way inside.

I found Jace sitting in the passage outside of the ER. He had his arms wrapped around his legs which were pulled up against his chest. He was sitting against the wall with his hoodie pulled over his head, hiding his eyes. I had no idea if he saw me coming but I was sure that he knew I was there with him when I slid down to the floor next to him.

I didn’t know what to say so I just kept quiet, hoping that my presence will give him some sort of comfort.

“They don’t know if she’ll make it,” Jace said after a few minutes, his voice surprisingly even under the circumstances.

“She will,” I encouraged, trying to keep him and myself positive. I didn’t want to think the worse.

We didn’t say anything more, we just sat there in silence until my parents arrived. My mom was in tears and freaking out which wasn’t helping the situation at all. My dad was trying his best to keep her calm but was failing miserably. I could tell that her freaking out was starting to get to Jace when he pressed his hands over his ears so that he didn’t have to hear. That’s when I knew I had to do something, he didn’t deserve to suffer anymore then he already was.

“Dad,” I said loudly so that he would hear me. He looked over at me but kept his arms around my mom.

“Can you please get her out of here?” I asked, feeling kind of guilty for asking such a thing but knowing that it was necessary. This was about Jace and what he needed.

“Okay,” my dad agreed, giving me a sympathetic smile before pulling my mom away from us and into the elevator. I could hear her crying all the way but as the doors closed the noise faded leaving us in silence again.

 We just sat there waiting to hear what was going on. Jace didn’t look at me, he just stared at his feet like he always does. I found myself wishing that I could somehow comfort him, assure him that things will be ok, but I had couldn’t do that. I couldn’t tell him that everything will be ok when there is a very big chance that his mom will die.

After about ten minutes of just sitting there a nurse came out of the room where Jace’s was in. She couldn’t tell us anything though, they were still busy working on her and we had to wait for the doctor.

It took about another hour before he came walking out of the room. He had a cold expression on his face as he approached us and I knew what he was going to say before he did

“Is she your mother?” the doctor asked, looking at me as I stood up to face him

“No, she’s his, what’s going on?” I asked as Jace looked up at us from where he was sitting

“I’m afraid it’s not good. We did everything we could but unfortunately it wasn’t enough,” he answered with a straight face as my heart sank in my chest.

“She’s dead,” Jace whispered in disbelief.

“Yes, I’m really sorry,” he said before turning around and walking away.

I looked down at Jace who was still sitting on the floor and for the first time since we had our fight he let me see his emotions. It was clear that he was hurting and seeing him that way almost caused my heart to break.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered, my voice catching in my throat as I said the words. He didn’t reply, instead a single tear escaped his eye as he stared up at me. That’s when I couldn’t take it anymore. He was my best friend and although I tried to move on without him I couldn’t. I needed him back in my life and I was just hoping that he would forgive me so that I could help him now when he needed me most.

I fell down on my knees in front of him as more tears ran from his eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” I said again and I really was, not only for him losing his mother but for all the hurt I have caused him over the last year. He still didn’t say anything so instead of waiting for him to reply or tell me to fuck off I reached out to him with both my arms. For a second I hesitated, wondering if he was going to push me away but as he started sobbing I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug.