Chapter 44- Small Things

(You can play the music throughout this chapter, if you want)

"But isn't everything supposed to be closed?"

"I'm a special guest here." Sans says with a smirk as he open the glass door.

You both walk inside and the warmth of the room allows you to relax from the cold of the outside world.

"Hi Grillby. I'll take some chips for us to share."

You look to where Sans was to see that he was talking to a man made out of fire. How interesting...

The fire guy, named Grillby, looked at you for a few seconds before turning around and going into a room named 'Fire Exit'

Surely he must be worried he has a human in his bar.

Maybe he'll try to kill you...

"Come sit." Sans says he he pats the leather stool beside him. He was already sitting on one, his legs crossing slightly.

You do as your told them fold your arms on the wooden countertop once you'resat down.

"I thought we were gonna eat with Papy?"

"Enjoy the moment Y/N. We're not gonna be eating much anyway." He says with a small reassuring smile.

"Okay."

The bar was bathed in a warm orange glow, the lights obviously dimmed. You could understand why Sans came here often.

"So, this is where I spend drinking my life away...." He mutters. He keeps fumbling with something in his pocket too.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you. I hope I can make it up to you one day." You says softly to Sans. Your arm reaches up for his shoulder and grips it tightly once it's there.

You felt guilty for something that you don't even remember to well.

He looks at you, an obvious smirk plastered on his face.

"I might just take you up on that, kitten."

You shake your head and smile at the skeleton, removing your hand from his shoulder.

Moments later, the fire guy comes in with a plate of chips.

He sets them down in front of both of you and you smile at Grillby in appreciation.

It seems that he smiles back before going back to cleaning wine glasses.

"Do you not like ketchup on your chips?" You ask Sans, seeing as there was no other content on the chips other than salt.

"Nah. Grillby's chips are so good, you don't need anything on them."

He looks over to his friend who now has a small smile on his face.

"Y/N, this is Grillby. Bartender and owner of Grillbyz. Grillby, this is Y/N. The girl I,  erm, always talk about."

Sans blushes yellow once again at his own words and scratches his neck.