Chapter 5- A Dream

"Errrr."

"Y/N?"

"Yeah F-Flowey?"

"Did you go in the basement?"

"Maybe?"

Flowey was on your bedside table in his ceramic pot. He had his leafs crossed. You couldn't make out his facial expression because it was too dark in the room.

Flowey takes a deep breath.

"So there's jackets in the basement?" Flowey says. He doesn't seem angry, just genuinely confused.

"Erm no."

"Then what's down there?"

"It's literally another world."

You tell Flowey that there was a lot of walking and that there's a door which opens to the outside of the ruins.

You explain every detail; from the punctured ball, to getting hit with a rock, to eating noodles, to having a not so pleasant goodbye.

"Wait, so the skeleton hit your head with a rock. Man, he has no class." Flowey says.

"I don't think I really like this Sans dude. He's kinda scary."

"So then why are you smelling his jacket?"

You had the jacket close to your face, you could smell burnt wood and vanilla. How intoxicating.

"What? It smells nice." You snap back. Flowey lifts his arms up in defeat.

The smell reminded you of something but you couldn't quite place your finger on it. 

"Where's your backpack then?" Flowey says cutting your thoughts.

This alarms you, causing you to sit up.

"Don't tell me I left it there." You mutter to yourself.

"I mean, you can use it as an excuse to go back." Flowey says casually.

"So your not angry? At anything that has just happened?" You were confused at the fact that he was so calm about all of this.

"You had to find out sooner or later, plus I haven't been quite honest with you either..."

"What?"

Flowey takes a deep breath, then talks.
"I've been outside the Ruins before. Before I came here I stayed in the Capital with King ASGORE. After about 10 years, he asked me to go and look after Toriel in the Ruins."

"Who's he to Toriel?"

"Ex husband?" Flowey says squinting his eyes as if you were about to hit him.

"Flowey, you said that ASGORE wasn't important." You huff while crossing your arms.

"I know, I know. Im sorry I lied. I wasn't allowed to tell anyone. But I had no idea what was in the basement. I wasn't allowed outside the capital."

"I forgive you Flowey."

You hear a sigh of relief come from Flowey.

"Hey it's 3am, you better get to bed." Floweys tells you while yawning.

"Okay."