27- Just a cough

Normal POV
You begin storming off towards Waterfall knowing that the ruins were in the opposite direction. Honestly, you didn't know where you were going.

Forget them! They don't know what there saying!
...
That's not fair they're only worried about you, you know that.
Dang it!

You turn around to go back and ran into someone falling onto the ground. "S-sorry I- Oh Paps, I know, I know. I acted like a child, I was just heading back." Paps didn't say anything, he moved his hand towards you and you took it as he helped you up. As you stood up you were quickly pulled into Paps close embrace. "P-paps?"
"ALLOW ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT SOME COMPLEX FEELINGS. THE JOY OF FINDING ANOTHER PERSON WHO HAS A LOVE FOR COOKING. A PERSON WHO CARE FOR OTHERS, WHEN THEY WERE TREATED CRUELLY BY THOSE SHE ONLY JUST MEET. A KIND PERSON WHO SAVED ME AND LITERALLY GIVE A PART OF THEMSELVES TO SAVE MY BROTHER. SOMEONE...-Paps paused hugging you closer & took a deep breath-
Someone who I don't wish to lose." You feel the top of you head getting wet, as if it was raining. You grab onto Paps battle armor and try not to break down again. The strong, feared, amazing Papyrus who has hurt others many times, now looks so small in your arms.
"Paps... please, I need you to be strong. I don't want to go either.
...*sniffle*...
B-but it will be okay!"
"How can you be so sure?"
"I just do! With all my friends by my side how can I fail? Especially, when I have The Great Papyrus with me." You said with more confidence then you actually had.
Paps pulled you off the ground and kissed you on the cheek.
"THANKS (Y/N) I REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU."
You smile kindly at the tall skeleton who you were once so afraid of, "I love you too, Paps."
Paps smiles wide and puts you back on the ground with a 'NYEH HEH HEH.'
"You done now?" You look behind yourself and see Sans standing there with a very sour look and Flowey on his shoulder. You walk over to Sans and grab Flowey off him and place Flowey on your own shoulder.
While you did this you softly whispered, "I'm sorry for leaving like that."
"..." Sans didn't say anything just looked over at Paps then back at you.
"WHAT BROTHER? MAD BECAUSE (Y/N) CONFESSED HER LOVE FOR ME? OR UPSET THAT I KISSED HER?" Sans eye flashed red for a second, but then he was back to normal. You giggled at the way Paps purposely phrased his words.
"No." Was all Sans said before walking the opposite way of Waterfall.
You grab Sans hand, "Wait, it was silly of me to run off before but what I said wasn't wrong we need to stop Frisk. I think we should start with Dr. Alp-"
*Cough* *Hard Cough* *Cough*
"(Y/N)?!" Paps, Sans, and Flowey said simultaneously.
"I'm fine! Really. It's just a cough. Anyway, we need to get to Dr. Alphys." Everyone seem to calm down as easy as they got riled up.
"I agree, but it will be easier to head back to town there is a river person who will give us a ride." Sans said almost too eager, you decide not to question it.
"Okay... so where does she live?"
"HOTLAND.... IT'S JUST... REALLY HOT THERE." You smile at the simple, cute names of the underground.
"Let's get moving then!"

Sans POV

I have to be strong, like (Y/N). She is so fixed on stopping Frisk, so we don't get hurt. Ironic, how it's our- my fault she herself is hurt... I agree to head towards Hotland not because of Frisk but because I praying, hoping, wishing, that Al can help (Y/N).