26- The Lab

Dr. Alphys POV

I'm not sure why, but I want to help the human. I guess watching her make her way though the undergrounds, has made me kinda root for her.

"Dr. Al what are you working on, yo?"

I'm not sure why but the monster child has been following me around. Maybe, he is hoping/wondering if I can do anything for the human. At the moment I can only think of one thing... let's just call it Plan 'B'.

"How did the human's powers work?" I ask ignoring his question, while I continued messing with chemicals and making notes as I do so.
"Not sure, (Y/N)'s hands glowed (F/C) when she healed me." Monster Kid emphasized the human's name, I ignored it.
"I see. What about the orb?"
"It was green."
"I see."

If my theory is correct the human's powers are connected through her energy and soul. I have been studying souls for years now and knew a green soul stood for kindness.
That would explain how the human behavior was different from those who fell before. This was a first to meet/see an human, with such color.
...
Wait a moment, I don't suppose...

"Did by any chance did the orb flash grey?"
"No... oh! But the green particles did fade into grey, why?"
"That is how the hum-"
"(Y/N)."
"Right... that is how (Y/N) knew her soul was dying. A grey soul is what remains after the energy from a soul is used up."
"Wow... that cool, in a awful kind of way."
"I agree, but what I can't figure out is how a perfectly healthy human soul is dying so quickly."
"Oh, that's true man! I didn't even think about that, yo."
"I have many theories but none I'm willing to state as true."
"That's cool. So, I gots a question for you."
"Depending on whether it's worth or is just a waste of my time determines whether I'll provide an answer."
"Sure, that's cool yo. I been wondering why you didn't tell the Royal Guard, King Asgore, or hell Undyne about (Y/N)."
"Who is to said I haven't?" Monster Kid jumped back and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out his head.
"H-have you?"
"No, if I would have Undyne would have most likely killed the human by now."
"(Y/N)." I stopped what I was mixing about, rose my eyebrows and looked at Monster Kid.
"Why is it so important to you that I call the human by her name?"
"Well, (Y/N) hasn't called me; 'F*cker', 'Piece of sh*t', 'Brat', ... 'Monster' or anything like that besides my name, yo. She may be a human, but she has a name like you and I Dr. Alphys."

Now that I think about it, she has been very polite when talking to someone. Even when I know that other monsters have not done the same in return.

"I see. I'll accept your primus."
"Cool, yo. But, you never answered me, or is the question unimportant?" I pause before responding.
"I have no need in harming those who have done no wrong."
"Awesome! You're really cool, you know?"

Wow, never thought someone would say that about me.

"T-thanks, Kid." My stutter slipped out, by Monster Kid's unexpected words. I turn back to my testing tubes and study them closely.
"So, now will you tell me what you doing?"
"No, it's not important until I secede."
"Okay, that's cool."
____________________________________

Sorry about this A/N. I just want to thank everyone who has read and/or has voted my book. It truly means a lot to me ❤ When anyone comments or votes, it gives me strength to continue and push forward with the story.
I'll be posting another chapter later tonight.
Thank you again.
-Fruityyloopz