Chapter One

**** Songs are: "Boston" by Augustana, "All We Are" by One Republic, and "Faster Ride" by Cartel. Picture of Ed Westwick as Jayden on the side and the music video for Boston**********

****Edited by lovehymn*****

People say I’m quiet.I don’t talk much because I figured out that no one gave a care about what I had to say; if they did they would ask me. Instead they left me to spend my days alone, hiding behind my curtain of sleek blond hair.

When I first started going out with Jayden it felt nice. I finally had somebody who loved me. We could've talked for hours and I didn’t doubt he wanted to know everything about me. But now I think he just kept me around because he didn’t want to be single, and I’m pretty sure he’s going to dump me soon. He’s getting frustrated with me because I won’t give up my virginity.

When I woke up in the church the first thing I did was check the time, “Damn.” I was late getting home, and I was going to be late for school.
I used up the rest of my money paying the bus's fare to get home and getting a drink before I start to shrivel up from the inside.

Dad wasn’t there when I snuck in and grabbed my bag, so I was lucky. And he shouldn’t be drunk after work today; he’d just yell at me, not a beat.

"I completely missed first period" I thought as I took a quick look to my watch. I grabbed my stuff out of my locker for American History and hurried off to the class. My stomach felt like there was something running around in it. I had this class with Jayden.

As soon as I walked into the classroom he jumped off his desk and came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. Chills ran up my spine and the wild animal inside my stomach was pacing with more passion.

“Hey baby,” he whispered into my ear almost seductively. “Are you coming over tonight?”

I dumped my stuff on my desk before turning to face Jayden. He was uncomfortably close and he had moved his hands onto the desk so they were straddling the outskirts of my thighs. “I don't know! Maybe, why?”

He smiled wickedly before leaning in even closer and whispering into my ear, “Because I want to screw you, Jan! Baby you can’t keep that V card in your hand forever.”

Anger built up inside of me and I shoved him away. Loud enough for his friends to hear I said “Get lost, Jayden. I’m not going to sleep with you tonight!” Or any other night… I added silently.
Inside I was shaking; I was scared; Jayden scared the crap out of me. I was counting on the fact that he probably wouldn’t do anything in public. Even though his friends were egotistical idiots they wouldn’t put up with the crap he put me through. If they just knew…

I really needed to dump his sorry butt. I guess I was just terrified of what he would do. I mean, if he beat me when he thought I loved him what would he do when he found out I didn’t?

Jayden backed off and went to his seat when the teacher came in and yelled at him.
History was finished quicker than I thought could be possible. We got back our tests results from last week. As Mr. Cargon handed me mine he smiled, on the front were an A+ and a note: Good job, as always.

Yeah, I know! You probably thought my bad life and pessimistic attitude meant I was dumb as volcanic ash or something and another. No case with that one, I’m afraid. I’m actually one of this school’s brainiest. I’m just in hiding.

The bell rang and I was the first out of the class. My locker was in the same hall so I got to it pretty fast. Then I had AP English.
We had a free class period that day. That meant that the teacher was doing her own thing so we could go off and do ours as long as it was legal and not extremely disruptive.