Unreal

"Hey Nova," Luke stuck his chin out.

"Yeah?"

"The giants won. You owe me that kiss," Luke grinned. Nova suddenly regretted making that deal with him. She went over and kissed Luke lightly, grinning smugly.

"There," she said and sat back down on the couch. She reached for her phone, noticing she'd received a text from Dan.

D: Nova! I just met this girl and she's so nice! She said she had you AS A PENPAL! SHES REALLY PRETTY, TOO! 

N: Wow, that's great! I'm so happy for you. What was her name? I probably remember her.

D: Well I met her about a week ago and we've been talking a lot since then! She said her name was Elaine Henson

N: Oh! I remember her! She sent me a picture- doesn't she have like blonde hair and stuff

D: Yup, that's her

N: That's super cool. She;s super nice, too

D: Well I know that! How are you?

N: I'm good, really good. 

D: Elaine just got to my house, so I'll talk to you later

N: kk cya

Nova smiled and shut her phone off. Finally, Dan had met someone who suited him well. Nova wouldn't have to worry about Dan still liking her. One thing was lifted off her shoulders, thank goodness.

"What do you say we have a picnic tonight?" Calum suggested in the breezy New York air.

"Sounds good and feels good to me," Nova grinned, earning a slap on the arm from Luke.

"I thought I told you not to make puns on my songs," Luke scolded playfully.

"I didn't," Nova said playfully. "That wasn't a song- that's an album," she grinned even wider.

"Gosh, you're impossible," Luke said as he sat down on the couch. Nova, being as she was, sat down on his lap. "Move, I can't see anything."

"No," Nova laughed as Luke pushed her off. She rolled onto the floor with a loud 'oof'.

"What was that for?" She yelled from the ground.

"For not moving," Luke grabbed the remote and began to change the channel casually.

"You're such an a-hole sometimes," Nova mumbled and slapped his knee.

"You're 16 and you still can't cuss? I was saying the f word by your age," Michael said from the table.

"I'm a pure child, unlike the four of you," Nova grinned smugly.

"A pure child, sure," Luke said incredulously. Nova looked over to Michael just as he flipped her off.

"Hey!" Nova frowned and pouted playfully.

"You deserved that," Calum shrugged.

"Did I ask you to speak?" Nova raised an eyebrow. She was still on the floor.

"No, but I did anyway, so deal with it."

Nova chuckled as she got up.

****

4 hours later, the 5 were spread out on a picnic blanket on a large grass amphitheater. No one else was barely around. There was a tree above them, providing shade, even though it was quite chilly out. Nova cursed herself for wearing a short dress- but she did have her military jacket, which was warm enough. And with Luke cuddling up to her, she was even warmer.

Nova smiled to herself. She'd spent nearly 3 or 4 months these boys and they already felt like the closest family ever. She'd never thought that just going to a concert could result in her going on tour with them. She never thought going on tour with them could result in Luke being her boyfriend. And she could never Luke being her boyfriend could have of actually happened. The boy who she listened to sing on Saturday nights while she laid in bed, was now sitting next to her holding her. Her brother who she'd thought she'd never see again was smiling at her now and laughing. And the two boys who'd supported her through everything- Michael and Ashton- were talking quietly and laughing to themselves. And Dan was still happy- they;d gotten over there roadbump. Everything was.... Unreal. It was unreal to her. But now she knew something as important as it could ever be.

Nothing was impossible.