The Dinner Date pt 1

"I can't get over how cute you two are! You're matching!" Ashton gushed.

The 5 walked along the sidewalk, Cal, Ash, and Mikey looking their best in front and Luke and Nova holding hands behind them.

Nova smiled goofily and swung her and Luke's hand between them like couples did in movies. She was suddenly reminded of a lyric.

This ain't a movie that I wanna see, a tragic story, starring you and me. Yell cut were stuck inside this scene, 'cause this is heartache on the big screen.

As the 5 got to the restaurant, they sat down at a large table. It was Italian- Nova's favorite. Their table was reserved in a corner in the back, where paparazzi couldn't see them. Nova was glad of it- she didn't want another bad fan encounter. The 5 ordered their drinks and talked in low conversation.

"So, Nova, have you enjoyed the tour so far?" Ash spoke up.

"I have. It's been really fun with you guys, and most of all..." She glanced over at Luke and smiled. He smiled back at her.

"That's good. I think we've enjoyed having you around even more," Ash smiled.

"Does this place have orange chicken?" Michael interrupted.

"No," Nova said as the rest of the boys glanced annoyingly at Michael.

"Dang it," He mumbled under his breath.

Nova shuddered as Luke reached for her hand underneath the table. He grasped it firmly and squeezed it. Nova smiled over at him as the waiter set down their drinks.

"May I take your orders?" The woman asked.

"Yes, I'll start. Can I get the lasagna, please?" Ashton began.

"Of course. For you, young lady?" She looked over at Nova.

"Uh, the spaghetti, please," Nova stuttered.

The lady finished taking the rest of the boys orders. Nova laughed and poked Luke in the stomach.

"Why didn't you ask for a kids menu?" She said.

"A kids menu? Do I look like a kid to you?" Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. You're a 6'4 childish 19 year old," Nova giggled.

"Wow, thanks. But that means I'm your 6'4 childish 19 year old boyfriend," Luke teased.

"That's true. And I'm your 5'6 mature almost 17 years old girlfriend," Nova smirked.

"You're almost 17?" Calum interjected.

"Yep. My birthday is in 2 weeks!" Nova said excitedly.

"Awh, look at this big 17 year old!" Michael said in a baby voice.

"Stop that, you dork!" Nova was laughing so hard she could barely breathe.

"You're all little children. I'm 21," Ash scowled.

"Wait, hold up- you're 5 years older than me?" Nova hadn't realized her and Ash's age difference.

"Well, Luke is 3 years older, and Michael is 4, so yeah, I'm 5 years older than you," Ash reasoned.

"Wow," Nova chuckled.

The food arrived, and Nova had to admit, it looked delicious. She tried to not be a slob, but eating spaghetti was hard. If she ruined her dress, the night wouldn't end well. There was no way she was going to walk out of a fancy Italian restaurant with 5 Seconds of Summer and have spaghetti sauce on her dress. She chuckled to herself as she dug in. The food was as delicious as it looked. Nova looked over to the boys, who seemed to be gobbling up the food rather than savoring it. She scolded them in her mind, but it was actually funny watching them.