The Dinner Date pt 2

After everyone had finished, they all leaned back in their chairs. They were all full- Nova wasn't sure she could walk.

They paid and left, and began to walk around. They went up a few escalators and up to a food court.

"Don't tell me you're getting more food," Nova groaned.

"Well, there's ice cream.." Michael trailed off.

"I'm down," Cal said, and then burped.

"Ew, that's nasty!" Nova laughed.

"Oh shut up, Nov," Cal laughed along with her.

"I'm down for ice cream, I guess," Luke shrugged and wrapped his arm around Nova's waist.

"Ice cream is good," Nova shrugged too.

"They have vanilla or green tea flavor, which one?" Calum took the lead in ordering.

"Green tea," Nova said.

"Vanilla."

"Vanilla."

"Green tea."

Calum told the young girl working their orders. Nova watched him with intense eyes. Her face flushed when the young girl at the register pointed to her. He said something, got the ice cream, and left, walking toward the table. He sat down on the other side of Nova, handing everyone their ice cream.

"The girl at the register told me to say hi to you for her. She said you and Luke looked cute together," Calum grinned.

"Hold up," Nova shoved her melting ice cream cone into Luke's hand and walked over to the counter.

The girl had light brown hair with bright red highlights in it. Her skin was pale, and she had bright green eyes that stuck out like emeralds.

"Thank you for the compliment," Nova smiled.

"No problem. I was telling the honest truth- plus, I wanted an excuse to talk to your friend. He's good looking. I never thought I'd talk to Calum Hood," The girl smiled, showing off white pearly teeth.

"Actually, that's my brother," Nova grinned.

"Oh- Oh, I'm stupid. You two do look quite alike. I should've known that. Please don't tell him I said anything," The girl pleaded.

"What's your name?" Nova inquired.

"Rose," she replied hastily.

"CALUM! GET OVER HERE! ROSE THINKS YOU'RE CUTE!" Nova yelled as her brother came jogging over. Rose's face flushed bright red as she dropped the hand towel she was using to clean off the counters.

"What?" Calum knit his eyebrows.

"Rose thinks you're cute. When do you get off duty?" Nova turned to Rose. Rose checked the clock behind her. It read 6:58.

"Now," Rose stuttered.

"Well, come on. You're sitting with us," Nova dragged her new friend along until they were at the booth-seats that the boys were sitting at. Calum followed behind them.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Rose," Nova introduced her.

"Hi, Rose," Ash waved.

"Hewwo," Michael said, licking a drop of dripping ice cream. Luke gave a subtle nod.

Rose looked uneasily at Calum. Her bright green eyes seemed to quiver in the light.

Nova smiled in success and pulled Rose to sit in the seat that Cal had been sitting in earlier. Nova and Rose exchanged numbers, and by that time it was 7:30.

"I have to get home," Rose explained.

"Alright. I'll try to text you," Nova nodded.

Rose finally mustered the courage to clear her throat. "Bye, Calum," her voice wavered.

"Bye, Rose!" Calum called as she started to walk away. Nova scooted over to Cal.

"You like her, don't you?" Nova poked Calum in the arm.

"She's not bad looking," he admitted.

Nova smiled in satisfaction as the 5 got up and began to walk towards the hotel. They got there without any paparazzi disturbing them, luckily. 

Nova changed into a tank top and shorts and laid on her bed. Before she knew it, the lights were turned out. Today had been an overall good day, she thought. She had had fun with the boys. The dinner had been excellent, and just talking with the boys had been relaxing. It was still hard for her to believe she was in Hawaii- she'd never been before.

Nova sighed as she felt Luke lay down next to her. She rolled over so her face was near his shoulder. She loved taking in the scent of him.

Luke thought Nova was asleep by now, so he gently stroked a peice of hair behind her ear. "I love you," He whispered, smiling to himself.

To his surprise, she replied. "I love you too. Forever and always."