Kisses

Nova walked inside the huge house. Inside, there were posters and banners everywhere.

"Wow." Nova raced back to Luke, jumping into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him. She grinned in surprise as he slipped something onto her finger. It was a ring- a promise ring. He handed her one, too, and she put it on his own finger.

"Promise rings," Nova said lightly before hugging him even tighter. Luke then kissed her and let her down to her feet.

Nova looked around to see that there were a bunch of people cheering. She recognized some of the faces, but very few.

"These are some of our friends. They wanted to meet you," Calum explained.

"Wow," Nova said, barely able to comprehend it.

Nova poured herself some punch as music blared throughout the house. It was- not surprsingly- 5sos's music. But for some reason, it was live. Then she heard a girl's voice- her own.

"We have a little surprise, Nova," Michael grinned and led her into a separate room where the other boys were waiting.

Nova grinned wide as Luke handed her an album. On the front cover, it read:

5 Seconds of Summer ft. Nova Hood- Live Hits

Nova stared in disbelief. That was the album they were palying throughout the house.

"You made an album? With me in it?" Nova stood, amazed.

"Yep! It's coming out at midnight tonight," Cal said.

"Oh my frick..." Nova felt like crying.

"Thank you... thank you guys," She gave them a group hug, holding them tightly. They all towered over her, and she laughed.

"Come on, let's go party!" Ashton said and jogged out of the room.

Nova followed Luke out into the backyard. He got a beer and offered Nova one, but she still declined it.

The two hung out by the pool until Luke decided to make his move. He leaned in toward Nova and pressed his lips against hers. Their kiss didn't last long, though. A man rammed into them, and Luke stuttered back. Nova, on the other hand, went flying into the pool. The boy who had bumped into them was obviously drunk. He teetered away unevenly, nearly falling down. Luke ignored him and reached out a hand. Nova grabbed it and pulled herself out of the pool.

Nova's hair and clothes were soaking wet. Everything was soaking wet. With a sigh, she collapsed into Luke's arms. He let her, even though she was getting him wet. He rubbed her back gently. "Do you want me to drive you back to the hotel to get changed?" Luke offered.

Nova nodded sadly. "Yes please."

After Luke had informed Calum what happened and that they were going to the hotel to get Nova a new pair of clothes, they got into the car.

"Sorry about that," Luke apologized as he started the engine and pulled out.

"It's not your fault," Nova said, trying to string out her tangled hair.

They drove in silence for the rest of the time, until they got to the hotel. They entered the room and Nova changed quickly.

Nova came out of the bathroom, her hair now combed. 

"Hold on," Luke moved toward her pulled out her shirt, which was accidentally tucked into her jeans.

Nova reached up and kissed Luke gently. He ended up picking her up and pressing her against the wall. Their kisses got harder and harder, until Luke couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't take what was in between them.

****

"They should be back by now," Cal frowned, talking to Mikey.

"Who knows. Maybe they were planning this so they could..." Mikey raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever," Cal waved a hand. 

****

Nova laughed, pulling back on her jeans and sweater. 

"That's not happening again for a long time," She informed him.

"I know," Luke said with satisfactory. He'd finally been able to do what he'd wanted to Nova.

"Cal is probably worried sick about us," Nova giggled.

"Probably. I bet they're coming home soon. Maybe we should act like were asleep," Luke shrugged.

"Good point," Nova pulled off her sweater and jeans again and slipped into her pajamas. Changing seemed like nothing now.

"C'mon," Luke patted the bed next to his side.

"Fine," Nova sighed and crawled into the familiar place next to him.

"Goodnight, princess," Luke ruffled Nova's hair.

"Goodnight, Lukey," Nova smiled to herself just as she heard the hotel door open. There was muffled talking, and she closed her eyes.

"They're just asleep. I told you," Calum said.

"But they were here for so long. They couldn't have of just fallen asleep," Michael argued.

"Nova changed into her pajamas. I think they probably didn't want to come back- they probably got tired. Anyway, if they did it, Nova probably wouldn't have of changed into her pjs," Calum replied.

"Whatever, just let them sleep," Michael huffed.

"Fine," Calum said as he laid down, still wondering what his sister and Luke had been doing here alone for an hour.