Friday Night Food Time

Jess

I flopped down on my bed taking out my big shiny black acoustic guitar, taking out an old battered note book and holding a pencil in my mouth as I strummed the cords. Honestly, I really had no clue what I was doing.

My dad gave it to me as a present cuz he thought that I would love it and be some professional guitar star. That didn't work out did it? Nope sorry instead of your daughter perusing your dreams of writing songs and singing on tour she works in a small unsuccessful bakery. Oops.

How do you even make up a song? What did I take on? Nialls gonna prance up in here with a million dollar single while I pluck out Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I sounded like I was killing sheep, what beautiful music!

Okay, okayyy Jess you can do this! Is that a C? D? A? Oh look there goes my hope flying out the window! Alright this kinda sounds good!! "Jess it's dinner time i'm gonna go out and get something to eat, want me to pick you up anything?" Hallie called from downstairs, that much times passed?

"Uh no i'm good thanks though have fun!" "Thanks see ya!" The loud hollow click of the door echoed through the silent house.

30 minutes later I had a decent "song" and had gone through like 2 bags of those little white cheddar puffy cheeto things, because those are pure heaven lets all be honest here.

'Finished my song Horan, it's on because let me tell you its pretty angelic' I placed my phone behind the waistband of my sweat pants because girls were blessed with having no room at all in their pockets, because all we need to carry around is a dime! 'Angelic huh?' He texted back, thats the one really good thing about Niall is that he almost always answers pretty quickly to your texts 'yup I swear the angels just wrote the song themselves' I swiftly reply running down stairs to get something to eat.

Shoving a pizza into the oven for myself, I plopped down on the couch and switched on the TV. Hopefully I don't burn this like I usually do with every possible food that goes in the oven.

Ding! Yes it was ready finally! I'm ready for my Friday night food time oh yeah! Uugh there was nothing o- I felt a buzz rush through my thigh, what? Was someone actually texting Jess Halloway on a friday night?

It was Hayden 'hey Jess do you wanna go out and grab a hot chocolate or churro or something because i'm freakin bored right now' a small smile appeared on my face as I took my big fluffy north face coat off the coat hook and headed down the dark silent carpeted halls 'sure, i'll be over in a sec!' I texted back before entering the extremely slow old elevator.

Ray and I once got stuck in here at it was the worst thing i've ever gone through, I could not take being with that kid for more than 2 hours especially in a small cramped, suffocatingly hot elevator. Not my ideal way to spend an afternoon. The small snow flakes fell outside littering my hair with small tiny ice crystals, I bumped shoulders with someone and was about to go full on attitude but I met eyes with Hayden's bright green-y blue eyes.

He stared at me for a moment before he caught on and started laughing, his laugh lighting up the cold empty streets "I guess we both had the same idea" he shrugged with a smile his cheeks a vibrant red from the chilling air. "Hey i'm glad you asked to do something because all I was doing was sitting in my apartment alone eating a frozen pizza" "that literally explains every day of my life" "seriously? Lets be honest here, you're a pretty decent looking guy coffee barista what girl wouldn't throw herself at you?" We were walking closely bumping shoulders occasionally, "pretty decent looking? Alright alright i'll except that" "ya your welcome it took a lot of effort and passion to say that" I placed a hand dramatically on my heart.

"Wait wait, okay the first person to catch a snowflake on their tongue doesn't have to buy the hot chocolate" I say with a devious look and he narrows his eyes which are twinkling with excitement "go!" We both stuck out our tongues and ran around jumping, diving and dodging trying to catch a snowflake. Whats more normal than two twenty year olds jumping around trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues while playfully shoving eachother? I felt the cold icyness of a snowflake hit my tongue and jumped pumping my fists in victory

"GOT ONE YES BETTER GET OUT YOUR WALLET!" He turned to me jutting out his bottom lip in fake pout "really? I mean by spending that very expensive amount of $5 on hot chocolate will empty my wallet" I rolled my eyes and gave him a shove as we walked shoving each other back and forth until we got to the hot chocolate stand. He bent down under the roof and met the girl working there with a warm grin "two hot chocolates please?" "Yup, you two just taking a walk around?" She asked as she filled up each cup with the steaming brown liquid. "Pretty much, we don't really have a plan" "oh alright you have fun and enjoy your night!" "You too!" He took the two styrofoam cups and walked back thrusting mine at my chest "why thank you" I chuckled taking a sip and then jolting backwards from the hotness of it burning my tongue. "Wanna come with all of us when all the boys come here on tour?" "Heck ya, i'll be decked out in my merch waving my marry me sign back and forth" I burst out laughing at that image. We had ended up circling back to the door of my apartment building and I gave Hayden a quick side hug and wave "bye Hayden" "see ya Jess!"

Heeeyyy sorry this chapter is shorter! I feel like these chapters might be kinda boring you guys and like i'm dragging out this plot wayyyy to long but I'm only planning on like 3-4 more chapters! I'm trying to come up with a really good action intense plot for next time because those are usually more exciting =] thanks for sticking with me, some cute and emotional scenes are coming!!!!