Fun Friendly Walks

Jess

"So would you like something or..." I ask Hayden making my way to the register. His eyes squint in concentration as he scans over our menu, "you guys have a ton of stuff, do you get much business?" He asks still focusing on the menu.

We all make eye contact and burst out laughing when he says business. Hayden's gaze drops from the menu to us with a confused expression "what?" He asks which Ray quickly meets with an answer "well we get pretty much no business here, like you're probably the only person that will come here today and we all joke about it constantly" "ooooh, really? I thought you'd get more business here, it's a cute place" "it's a cute place" I mock in a girly tone batting my eyelashes.

"Hey who ever said a guy couldn't use cute?" He protests and all I do is laugh and reach into the container pulling out a cake pop and bitting off a little bit.

"I have an idea!" Wesley said from the corner of the shop where she's been leaning against the coffee machine this whole time "what is it?" Ray asks in an fake overly excited tone.

Wesley just gives him the classic towel whip which I give her a high five for "we should all get together and make up little flyers for our bakery and then we can put them up in the place Hayden works at to promote our bakery" I jump in on her idea "ya! Especially since you"- I point at Hayden-" work in a café, cafés and bakeries kind of go together too!" Ray adds on too "I have my degree in advertising too so I know how to make them!" Hayden just stands there the whole time watching us throw ideas out on a plan in deep concentration as he sucks on one of his hoodie strings.

"Why don't you all come to my apartment, Hayden i'll text you the adress, and we can all work on them together!" After we all agree on the plan all of us go home, Ray was in a good mood today and drove me home.

"Guess what your reward is?" I always have to give Ray something, honestly the only way to get that boy to drive me home is through bribery.

"I get to meet Haley?" He asks "Hallie" I correct in a monotone voice "and yes" he then claps his hands like a little 3 year old "yaayy!" And then we both make our way to the elevator and to my apartment.

I can tell Ray's nervous, he's fidgety and he keeps wipping his palms on his jeans "calm yourself" I say to him un enthusiastically.

"Hal!" I yell as I swing open the door, yes I stole Niall's nickname that I made fun of, deal with it. "Ya?" "C'mere!" "K one sec!" She calls from the guestroom and I shove Ray, I literally mean shove like he wasn't moving, into the living room as she comes out down the hall.

When she sees him she smiles "hi!" "Meet my friend who works with me who wanted to meet you because he heard you were a model" I motion towards Ray as his cheeks immediately flush a bright pink, embarrass your friend, check! "Wow Jess thanks" Ray mutters "um hi i'm Ray, I live next door, and Jess loves me to death" he says giving me a sarcastic sweet smile.

"Hey Ray! You have to work with her all day? Pff good luck!" She says winking at me and I stand back throwing my hands in the air as if to say 'what did I do?' And we all share a laugh and Ray leaves the apartment.------------------------------------------

Later that day I get a text from Niall:

Niall:

Hey I was wondering if you maybe just wanted to take a walk around?

Me:

Sure

Niall:

Whats the catch?

Me:

hA

You have to come here

Niall:

Deal!!! See ya in a few Jessica

Me:

Same to you James

With that I close my phone and grab an infinity scarf off the coat hook wrapping it around my neck and barreling down the stairs to the front door where I waited.

Niall showed up after a couple minutes and he blew on the glass fogging it up and writing 'hi!' I smiled and he opened up the door, holding it for me.

He tucked his chin into the collar of his jacket and let out a shuddered breath "where do you wanna go?" I asked him little puffs of fog coming with every breath.

Our feet crunched on the thin layer of frost covering the ground "I don't really know we're just kinda walking wherever" "wow thanks for the help Horan" I say shoulder butting him "no problem," "I miss highschool" I sigh looking up at Niall for a minute to see his eyes focused on the ground.

"The club, the friendships, playing football, and just not really having a care in the world, no responsibilities, ya it was great" he was speaking in a quieter voice his eyes had a certain sparkle to them.

I take my hands that were swinging by my sides and jab them in my fluffy coat pockets " ahhh the days when you had no responsibilities other than homework" "and you didn't have to worry about yourself ya, wanna stop here?" He pointed his leather glove finger at a little coffee shop stand that we were walking by and we both turned and went up to the small shack-y window.

We share a glance agreeing on what we want with our eyes and Niall orders sliding some crinkled up dollar bills and a couple coins on the counter "2 hot chocolates please" he says to the younger girl working there.

After making our drinks she looks up and has to take a second look at Niall "oh my god i'm in love with your band" she says with a huge smile. He laughs a little, that signature laugh "aw thanks, are you an Ireland native?" "Yeess, lived in Mullingar my whole life!" She squealed, wow way to keep it calm.

I awkwardly shift my position in the background "cool! Gotta love my homies" he says fiddling with the keys in his pocket.

"Can I have a picture?" She asks "sure darlin" he says leaning in next to her as she whips out her pink 1D iPhone, talk about embarrassing, and Niall sticks out his tongue to the side as she snaps the picture.

He leans over the counter and gives her a hug as tears well up in her eyes. To be honest i'm just trying not to burst out laughing this whole time so i'm biting my tongue pretty hard.

"Oh you're really pretty are you two...?" She asks pointing to me and Niall and I make my way into the light "no! God no! Don't go telling your little disinfectionators that, we're just highschool friends" I say as Niall rolls his eyes at my mocking of the fandom name as he hands me my hot chocolate.

"Oh okay, good night! Love you Niall!!" "Night, love you too, have a great night ya?" "Ya okay!!" She waves at us as we walk off and I just burst out laughing for no particular reason. "Whats so funny?" He asks with a raised eyebrow "oh nothing" I mutter as I continue to giggle to myself.

Soon we both end up circling back to my apartment as we sip hot chocolate and reminisce on memories. "Bye Horan, thanks for everything!" "Bye Jessica" he says in a mocking voice and i'm not sure what to do so I do an awkward wave and start to turn when suddenly I feel the warmth of Niall's body as his arms wrap around me in a tight hug.

I lift mine up from my side and wrap them around his lower back giving him a little squeeze. We hug for a minute before he backs away with a sneaky grin on his face as he runs off snickering and I look off into the distance and watch him do the jump where you click your heels together. I laugh as I go back into my apartment and snuggle up to sleep.

HEEEY THERE!

So if you didn't get the plan, they're going to Jess's apartment tomorrow to make flyers that they are gonna put up in the Shut Your Shamrock Café where Hayden works to advertise.

What do you guys think about the hug?

Lmk in the comments

Have a great day!