Chef Styles

Jess

I hugged my blanket tight as I stared into the dark room, the only noise was the soft steady sound of breathing. I let my eyelids close as I drifted into sleep.------------------------

The light humming of Little Things and the smell of freshly baking pancakes made me lazily open my eyes. I got up and made my way over the peaceful shirtless sleeping boy band members and into the kitchen on a hunt for pancakes.

Harry stood there in his plaid flannel pajama bottoms flipping pancakes as he hummed his own song. "Wow humming your own song" I said softly and he jumped slightly at the sound of my voice.

"Morning Jess" he said with his back turned to me, someone was in a good mood. "Maybe you should sleep on the floor more often Harry, you sure seem cheery this morning" I leaned on my elbows intently watching him flip the pancakes.

How the heck did he get all the supplies? When did he get up to have enough time to rummage through my kitchen and make pancakes? He ignored my comment and kept on humming the Little Things chorus.

His hand ran through his hair as he took a minute to glance over his shoulder at me. "Why'd you get up so early?" He asks me tilting his head a little "iddano" "what was that?" "Woah slow down grammar police!" I sighed and rolled my eyes and spoke super slowly "i don't know" I said with a challenging grin plastered on my face "I just get up when I get up!" He turned back to flipping pancakes and looked like he was trying to hold back laughter "logical explanation you got there!" "Says the boy who skipped college to sing" I picked up the stripped kitchen towel and gave him a nice whip on the back that made him wince forward.

"Says the girl that doesn't make tons of money and doesn't go on a world tour with thousands of people screaming your name" he replies after recovering from my towel whip.

"Explain to me when you learned to cook again?" "Its just a god given talent, I was born to cook" "oh really?" I said with a challenging eyebrow "mmhhmm, hey you want one?" He said waving one by my face as I inhaled the beautiful pancake scent. "Sure, i'll be the taste judge" I handed him a plate as he slid me a pancake and I drenched it in syrup.

"Want some pancake with that syrup?" Harry said with a little smirk. I sliced the pancake with my fork and took a bite "mmmmmmm" I closed my eyes as the sweet taste hit my tongue.

"You like it?" He said watching me "don't let it go to your head" I reached over and gave him a little whack on the head. Soon all the sleeping boys awoke and made their way to the kitchen where Chef Styles served them up some pancakes.

"Wheres Hallie?" Josh asked "I don't kn-" "HEEEYYYYY" Hallie says busting in the door holding a steaming pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Out of the corner of the eye I saw Harry eyeing her with a little grin on his face "want some pancakes?" He asked and she sat down at the island. "No thanks Harry, i'm good! They smell really good though!!" She says with a smile.

"DANG IT!! I HAVE TO GO TO WORK TODAY!! LIKE RIGHT NOW! IM GONNA BE LATE FOR MY SHIIIIFT!!" I said frantically and sped up stairs shoving on my clothes, I totally forgot!!! "I'll drive you!" Niall offers when I get downstairs "k sure thanks" I say and say my goodbyes to all of the boys and Niall and I rush downstairs and out the door and my phone vibrates. Hayden.

Hayden:

Hey i'm bored wanna hangout?

Me:

Sorry I have work today, you can come on down to the bakery if you want?

Hayden:

Cool! Whats it called again?

Me:

Its in Mullingar, its called Halloway's bakery

Ma last namee

Hayden:

Sweet thanks! I'll be down...some time

Me:

Byeee see ya then!

Hayden:

See ya Jess!

I shoved my phone into my pocket as Niall pulled up at the dumpsters near the back entrance. "Thanks Niall! See ya soon, ya?" "Ya see ya soon Jess!" He says with a small wave and I exit his car running in the back.

"I'm sorry I forgot!!" I yell as I run into the bakery. "JESS C'MON!" Ray yelled with annoyance "i'm sorryyy" I whine and then he looks out me and breaks out into laughter "I was just kidding! It's not like we're getting any business in this ghost town shop!" I shake my head grabbing my apron "I got a friend coming down so that's one person!" "yaaayy!!" Wesley does a little dance to herself.

"Hey hey heeeyyy, didn't you have a friend come in from New York? A model?" Ray asks his eyes sparkling and I give him whack on the arm. "Ya her name's Hallie she's staying with me" "ooh so i'll be right next door" he asks doing some crazy eyebrow wiggling.

"Ray shut up!!" I whine and the bell rings to the shop and Hayden strolls in, his hands resting in the pocket of his Nike hoodie.

"Hey!!" I say and Ray and Wesley look at me waiting for me to introduce them. "Oh, Hayden this is Ray and this is Wesley! They work at the bakery with me and we've all been friends for a while! Ray lives next to me too" Hayden nods with a smile and takes left hand out of his pocket and waves "hi! I work down at the coffee shop, i'm sorry you have to work with her everyday" he says smirking at me.

Hey! "Oh ya she's a handful" Ray says eyeing me "did you know she doesn't even have a car?" Wesley says "really?" Hayden says directing his attention her way "ya she rides this little-" "wooooaahh okay, thanks guys for your valuable support!" "Heeyy I wanted to know what you ride" Hayden protests. "A pink electric scooter" I say so fast it combines into one word.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out, it was a picture message from Hallie. I open it up and let out a little laugh as I saw the picture of 6 big shirtless guys crowded around my kitchen island doing girly peace signs. Oh my god.

I made a little picture with all the pictures of each of the cast members on it so if you wanna see it just let me know in the comments and i'll find a way to get it to you! Ugh fall break is almost over :/ i'll still be writing the same amount though hehe!

-Lauren