5 Elfs

Niall

Im dreaming of a white christmas just like the ones I used to know

Why was there Christmas music playing? I rolled over glancing at the clock, 12, I let out a long groan making my way down the hallway and stopping in my tracks.

All the boys were decked out in Wintery Christmas sweaters with santa hats on and wrapping paper was thrown everywhere. Liam was sticking a bow to Zayn's head with a giggle as I made my way lazily in half asleep.

"Thanks for joining us this evening" Louis snorted prancing over to me cheerily in his little Santa hat on. Wrapping paper crunched under his delicate footsteps, it was like a whole little Christmas wrapping station was set up in my living room.

"Your santa hat is waiting" Harry said more focused on his bow tying than what he was actually saying. I raised an eyebrow and my laugh echoed through the hardwood hallways as I made my way to go get changed.

"Have you asked Jess yet?" Zayn asked as I came back in some light washed jeans and a little winter sweater. Harry tossed my santa hat to me and I caught it with one hand still making eye contact with Zayn "Ya, she said she's coming" "good cuz we all got stuff for her" Liam says busily cutting away at some wrapping paper.

"It's supposed to snow christmas day!" Louis says with a little smile on his face "hey Lou, what do you wanna do for your birthday this year" I asked taking a box from the giant stack and starting to wrap it "uh I don't really know, maybe just go out to dinner or something" he says with a shrug and I get a vibrate in my pocket, Harry. 'We are planning on a little surprise, but we're not really sure what to do? Maybe like fly his parents down, rent out a building for a little surprise party, got any thoughts?' I glanced over at him casually and I could see him watching me from the corner of his eye with a faint mischievous smile.

'Why don't we plan out the whole day, like have little events planned throughout the day?' I text back through my jean pocket, yup i'm one of those talented texters, always have, always will be.

'Ooh me likey that' Harrys trying to hold in a laugh with that one, his mouth folded into a straight line.

'That was a great one Styles' 'Thank you Horan' the kinda funny thing is that Harry and I are wrapping stuff at the same table so we are standing right next to each other 'what're some things Louis likes :/' everything's better with smiley faces, we both took a synchronized look at Louis and burst out laughing

'idk maybe we should just go out to dinner and have a surprise party, like all dance party-ish with a dj and stuff' I glance over him and he shrugs and I smile with my eyes 'lovin in Styles, loooovin iiiit' we both share a high five and inform all the other boys on the plan.

Jess

I walked quickly down the halls of the mall peeking in windows as I went along. I was buying my last minute Christmas presents.

I so far had a nice leather jacket for Zayn with Malik on the back with all of the flags of the places they've done a tour at on the back.

A small cross necklace, the downward part spelled styles, for Harry.

Some Toms with 'Tommo' enscribed on the back for Louis.

For Niall, one of the first guitar picks he ever used when we met at highschool, and he started freaking out when he thought he lost it and then I found it later on when he already left for X Factor.

And for Liam a little snap back that said Payne Train on it.

I heard someones quick breathes as they tapped me on my shoulder, whipping my head around to be face to face with Niall. He had a shy warm smile and he stared at the ground, hands folded behind his back, and moving his foot like he was squishing a giant spider with his toe.

Quickly his eyes flickered up to me then back to the ground "1. Hey 2. What are you doing? This is like the biggest mall in Mullingar anyone could mob you and or-" "jess, jess, hey, just calm down its okay sssh we're fine" he whispers dangerously quiet, he reaches up to rub my back but drops his arm and lets it hang at his side "we're gonna have a little surprise party for Louis on his birthday which is-" he points to me signaling, dang I should know this "uh the um 23?"

"24, you're close, we're gonna rent out a place and have a DJ and dance floor it should be fun wanna- uh can you come?" "Ya sure! Text me the address?" I could sense the excitement in his eyes at my response "cool, see ya then?" He awkwardly chews on his bottom lip rocking back and forth "see ya Horan" as he starts to walk off I call "Niall?" "Mmhm?" "You going to the South parking lot?" He stands still people bumping shoulders with him "ya" "same boy same, wanna walk there together?"

"Ooooh cuz its soooo far??" He mocks and I roll my eyes setting off his oh so common laugh "course" I walk over to him as he waits with a smirk, we walk side by side down the busy hallway making our way to the South parking lot.

"So when did you come up with this grand idea?" I ask "this morning" "PROCRASTINATION AT ITS BEST WELL DONE!" I applaud him loudly and sarcastically "wow great way to not attract attention smart one" "i'm sorry mr singer/model" I throw my hands up in the air in a sarcastic surrender, we're in Macy's and I give him a light shove which returns back and I end up tripping and crashing into one of the clothes racks causing the clerks heads to all shoot in my direction. "Act casual and run" I order and we both speed walk outside and then burst out laughing "see this is why I don't go out in public much" I whine as he wipes a tear from his eye "ya you should probably just stay in the safety of your apartment, bye Jess, see ya Tomorrow!" "Bye Niall James!" I throw a wave over my shoulder catching my breath and making my way back to Hallie's car.