Dating My Teacher's Brother. Part 34

Hey guys. So it's been a while for this one. But I'm off for a week and I've only got one exam left so I'm going to try and write more. This story is nearly finished but I'm starting a new one soon. I'm not 100% happy on this chapter so I may rewrite it 
 Anyways, Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

I pushed open the door before slipping inside. I shut the door, taking off my jacket. “Is that you Rach?” I heard my dad call from the living room.

“Yeah,” I stood at the doorway to the living room. My dad was sitting on his own watching some TV. “Where’s mum?” he turned his head and looked at me.

“In the kitchen doing the dishes. How was Lee’s?” I smiled slightly, but felt guilty about lying to him.

“Yeah it was good. I’m going to go talk to mum.” He nodded and looked back at the TV. I turned to Paul and signalled for him to follow me. I walked down the hall and stopped at the kitchen door. “Wait two seconds,” he nodded and I walked into the kitchen. My mum turned around from the sink and smiled at me.

“Hey,” she said going back to the dishes. “You okay?” I moved away from the door slightly and took a breath.

“Yeah everything’s alright.” I moved forward and leant against the worktop. “Mum can I talk to you about something?” She placed a plate in the dish rack, before grabbing a towel. She turned around while drying her hands.

“Of course; what’s up?” She rested her side against the sink and looked at me.

“Do you remember a while ago we were talking about that guy I liked?” She looked confused for a second before nodding.

“Yeah, Paul the twenty-something year old.” I smiled slightly and nodded. “What about him?”

“What would you say if we were together? Like really serious about each other.” She let out a breath and put her hand on the worktop.

“I’d have to meet him. I can’t really make a judgement on this until I know what he’s like. The age thing doesn’t bother me because your father and I are eight years apart. But he could be a complete weirdo for all I know.” I laughed as she exaggerating it slightly.

“That’s the thing though mum. I brought him over and I’m really scared about what you and dad will say. Even Xavier,” she furrowed her eyebrows confused.

“Why would you be scared of what we would say? You know if you’re happy we will be too.” I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Sure you say he’s here now. Bring him in and let me meet him.” I bit down on my lower lip but nodded. We had to get this over with. I walked to the door and opened it. I saw Paul standing outside with his hands in his pockets. He looked up at me and smiled slightly.

“Paul I don’t know about this. She’s expecting me to bring you in now.” He walked towards me and stroked my hair back.

“Don’t worry about it. There’s nothing they can do to make me leave you. Ever,” I smiled slightly and nodded. “Come on,” he laced his fingers with mine and pushed me back towards the kitchen. I stepped into the room, with Paul following behind me. I looked at my mum to see shock, confusion and I have to admit, a bit of happiness on her face.

“Please don’t freak out. I just wanted to talk to you before we talk to dad. I just want to know how things will go.” My mum rubbed her eyes before looking at us again.

“Guys I really don’t know what to say. I really don’t,” she sat down at the table. She rested her arms on the table as I looked up at Paul. “How did this happen?” I looked back at her, as she signalled between Paul and I. I shrugged as Paul ran his thumb along my hand.