19: Just Confusing

Super quick note: hi, yeah, remember me? No? Yeah, same. Anyways, pre apologies for the following piece of kinda okay crap you're about to read. Honestly, I just don't feel the same about this story as when I wrote it a whole whopping 3 years ago. Things change, people change, writing, interests, loves, life, they all change. But I made a promise and I always keep my promises! And just a massive massive HUMUNGO thank you/love/appreciation to everyone who supports me.  Leave me a comment, or a heart, I love hearing from you guys <3

happy reading xx Ü

Have you ever one of those moments where you just know you were super fucked? Yeah, that was me at the moment. I was a fugitive on the run and a stolen car...from my very sane boyfriend and possibly friends. I know it sounds dramatic, but I couldn't help it. I had left Ben's awhile ago and now was driving around the town with no destination in sight or mind. I heard that driving soothes the mind, but it was honestly just giving me more anxiety knowing that there were people looking for me.

Oddly enough, I stopped in front a vaguely familiar Spanish styled home, Theo's home. I cut the engine and sat in my own pitiful silence, contemplating my intrusion to his house with his aunt. There were no other cars in the driveway, so I assumed that neither Lana and James were here with Theo. Maybe I was high off the drive or the information I just heard, but I decided click clack my heels to the front door and ring the doorbell.

As soon as my finger touched the bell, I regretted it. I turned a fraction too late as the doorknob twisted open to reveal Theo's Aunt Mary standing there. Despite it being pretty late in the evening already, she was dressed in going out clothes, a full face of natural makeup staring back at me. I made a small defeated noise as I sheepishly grinned at her. I must have looked ridiculous in my get up.

Her puzzled face recovered as she spoke, "Was it prom tonight? I don't remember Theo telling me this." Despite her early Alzheimer's diagnosis, she still remembered Theo tonight. She surprised me more as she continued, "Cora, right? Where's Theo?" She poked her head a little more to see Theo's car sitting in the driveway. "Did that crazy boy leave you stranded?"

Quite the opposite actually. Why do I put myself in these situations, ughhh. "Umm, no haha. I was just wondering if he was home. We had a slight disagreement tonight." That was an understatement.

Her face puckered into concern as her arm reached out to pull me into the house. "I taught him to be a gentleman. What did he do?"

Slept with someone. Lied to me about being a virgin. I don't even know at this point. "Oh nothing. You know, teenage stupid arguments."

She sat me down on the couch as she went into the kitchen to prepare something. In a moment, she came back with two mugs. "Sorry I never got to meet you. That boy is never home, but he speaks fondly of you when we do. I can see why." Aunt Mary offered me a warm smile. "You can call me Mary."

I returned the smile and accepted the mug. "Thank you, Mary. I'm sorry to show up like this."

"It's fine. He'll call."

I realized at that moment that my phone was on silent. I reached down to look at it really fast as saw 43 missed call and a bunch of messages from Lana, James, and Theo. Shit. They're going to kill me. I set it back down, not wanting to appear rude in front of Aunt Mary.

"Theo doesn't bring girls around after, actually ever. I don't remember him ever having a serious girlfriend," Aunt Mary said. I felt bad that she might start babbling embarrassing stories about him without him here to defend himself. I chuckled though, because I was too curious.