Just Married

Prologue

Nothing surprises me anymore in this world. Except right now, where there is a document in my hand, with my name, and Theodore’s name autographed right on the line in our very own handwriting, staring at me. The black ink was deep and dark and was screaming at me to run for the hills. I read the title over and over and over again, until I was sure my eyes were going to bleed.

“Theo,” I said in a barely there voice, the document wrinkling from my grip. He stirred next to me. “Theo,” I grunted louder, shoving his body with a lot of force this time around. He shot up like a zombie electrified and cursed at me.

“What?” he grumbled, trying to sit up properly. We were currently sprawled out on a random sidewalk in a city I don’t even remember being in, but that didn’t matter. All that mattered was the piece of paper I was holding onto for dear life.

“What the hell happened last night?” I urgently said, shoving the paper down his throat.

His eyes widened as he began to read the words that were pounding themselves in my mind. A foolish grin began to spread across his lips. “Nice joke Cora. I’m not that hungover.” He winced as he tried to twist into a more comfortable position, which was near impossible since we were lounging on hard, cold concrete. “Except this really bad migraine.”

He tossed the paper aside, getting up into a standing position, he stretched out his long limbs, the hem of his wrinkled tee shirt hitching up a bit. My eyes bulged at his hipline. Scrambling up, I lifted his shirt back up and began pointing and gaping at the tattoo inked at the corner. He scowled, pulling my hands away and his shirt back down. “What the hell Cora? Do you mind?”

“You have a tattoo,” I sputtered.

“I have lots of tattoos if you haven’t noticed,” he commented, picking up our jackets off the floor, and trying to avoid the scattered people who were walking by us.

“You have a new one,” I clarified, reaching for the shirt again and pulling it up.

He looked down at where my finger was pointing and screamed. Like a whale giving birth. He heaved his shirt up and down several times as if it was going to wash off the permanent ink. My eyes narrowed at the band aid that was floating away with the wind down the sidewalk.

“Stop,” I said. Grabbing his hands, I let the shirt cover the new tattoo. “You’re going to hurt your skin. It’s fresh, my god.”

“I know that, but if you haven’t freaking noticed, there’s a tattoo that is currently on my body forever, of your initials,” he protested, referring to the plain and straightforward CM ingrained into his skin. “Pain is not even on my mind right now.”

My heart hammered, and my body was too frozen to even understand it as the words flew out of his mouth. Both of our arms went limp, and our stances slacked as our heads both zoomed towards the piece of paper that was still messily tossed on the ground.

“Shit, shit, shit, my parents are gonna kill me,” Theo broke.

“I’m going to kill you.” I couldn’t even focus properly as thoughts began racing through both of our heads. How drunk did we get last night? “What did you do Theo?” I looked down at our left ring fingers, but no jewelry was there, no rings, no nothing. That meant that we couldn’t possibly be married. Right?

“What do you mean, what did I do? I could be asking you the same thing!” His entire face was pale and his usually sunny blue eyes were diminishing into more of a pale fright.

“Okay, we’re not married. There’s no way.”

“And what if we are?”

“Let’s think positive.”

“I want a divorce.”

author's note: i am unbelievably awkward and kooky. but i really like writing, so i hope you guys kind of like where i'm going with this. please comment and vote!! it really helps me out. hehe. thank you guys! xx : )

oh, and this is nothing like the movie or anything that can be related to it. it just has the same title : )