03: Just Instigating

author's note: Halllooo guys :] Thank you so much for over 700 votes and 150 fans!! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Haha, sorry it's such a short chapter, but I hope you guys like it! I promise future uploads will be longer and hopefully quicker!! Enjoy, don't forget to comment, vote, and the likes! I really appreciate it. Happy reading xx Ü

PS. check out the song on the side. IN LOVE.

--

I looked at Theo like he grown a narwhal horn in the middle of his forehead. My eyes then wandered over to the very giant and intimidating looking steel vault next to us. Then back to Theo, then back to the vault.

“Please tell me you’ve just temporarily lost your brain when you called me,” I hissed, backing away from the giant hunk of metal that could clearly get us arrested. We were standing in a safe room at James’ house, and I don’t even know how we got in.

Of course, Theo wouldn’t let me have it, and grabbed me by the arm and dragged me back to stand next to him. Looking up at his face, I could see clear determination in his eyes, and the grip on my arm was almost pleading. I sighed, and put two fingers up. “You have two seconds to explain before I go back home and try to attempt to not look like I’m clearly hungover to my parents.”

Crossing my arms and tapping my foot, I raised an eyebrow.

Theo shook his head and opened his mouth to speak, but didn’t even get a word out before I screamed in horror, jumping into his arms so fast, he had to catch me mid-fall.

Out of nowhere, someone popped out from the safe, the door swinging wide open. They were wearing one of those Halloween horror masks and their hands stuck out in a scaring position. “Boo,” they said calmly.

I screamed some more and tried to wedge myself even closer to Theo, who was shaking from what I assumed was fear. The person began walking towards us, hands up in the air, their Frankenstein walk creeping the hell out of me. “Theo, do something!” I shouted, scooting us backwards more. Too bad we were in some tiny hidden room.

“Why me?” he gasped. He sounded out of breath, like he was having trouble breathing.

“Because you’re my husband, and you’re supposed to protect me!”

There was nowhere left to hide as we backed into a corner, Theo behind me, and I in front of him like a shield. Great, on top of having a bipolar idiot for a husband, I also have a girl for a husband. He was supposed to be shielding me, not the other way around!

“Stay away!” I shouted at the masked figure. “I don’t have any money! Trust me, if I did, I wouldn’t be here,” I continued to babble. Theo was still shaking behind me, and I could feel him since his body was practically glued to my side.

Two more steps and we were doomed. What if the person had a weapon? Oh my gosh, I was going to die. I was going to die. I was going to die. Maybe I should start praying. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. What should I say? Dammit. Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Zelda, I promise to not complain about this marriage anymore if you just smite this fuc- I mean, scary monster in front of us. Please, please, please. Don’t let me die. I am allergic to pain. I cannot handle it, please....

“Cora, Cora, open your eyes,” Theo said. He was slightly shaking me, his body very close to mine, actually, too close to mine. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Theo’s face with a huge grin and redness tinging his cheek a centimeter away. He looked like he was about to tear up from laughing so hard.

Slowly turning my head, I looked to see James holding his mask in one hand and a shrug about on his shoulders. Motherfucker. “You should have seen your face. The way you were holding onto Theo.” James busted into a fit of girly giggles as I realized my hands were still clutching onto Theo.