12: Just Partying

• Dedicated to my totally rad readers

ATTENTION MY BEAUTIFUL READERS: PLEASE CLICK THE EXTERNAL LINK TO WATCH MY YOUTUBE GIVEAWAY VIDEO!! YOU CAN SEE MY FACE AND LAUGH AT IT, AND YOU CAN ENTER IT'LL BE LOADS OF FUN Ü

Happy Reading!! xx Ü

--

I was getting really good at this. I didn’t even have any scratches this time! Except when I hit my head on the car door that Lana had prepared open, I’d say I was getting accustomed to jumping out my window. It’s possible if you try, and I believe I can fly. Not really.

For the first time in ever, Lana didn’t get lost getting past James’ gates, and we drove right to the parking area. There was something off about the party, but I couldn’t put my finger to it. Was it because there was no music? Was it because our car was the only one in the driveway? Was it because there was no one inside or outside the house?

I swear if this was a practical joke from James’, I would kill him faster than pigeons eating bread they find on the ground. Lana had a look of confusion written all over her face too as we walked up the steps to his grand entryway. Hesitantly raising my knuckles to knock on the door, we were both surprised when it swung open. James was standing there with a freaked out look on his face.

“Guys. Help. This party is going to be insane,” James wailed, widening the door for us to enter. Peeking in, I saw no one inside his gigantor house. No one.

“Are you on that LSD shit again?” Lana asked, flicking him on the forehead. “There’s no one here doofus. The only party that must be going on is up in your mind where all your brain cells are exiting.”

“Just you wait,” James warned.

“Where’s Theo?” I asked.

The doorbell rang just then. Scrambling to the door, James peeked through the eyehole and dramatically threw the door open, revealing Theo and armfuls of alcohol and stuff that people do at parties. Behind him were several kegs, hookah stands, cups and tables and the whole bang.

“Help,” Theo said as he dragged a whole bunch of stuff to dump in the middle of the foyer. We helped him bring all the stuff in.

“Shouldn’t people be here by now?” Lana asked, trying to set up a beer pong table in the middle of James’ family room. I helped her by arranging cups.

“Patience is a virtue,” Theo commented.

Our patience didn’t last long, but to be honest, I haven’t been to a better party before. The four of us spent the last two hours literally having a party by ourselves, laughing, dancing, smoking, and drinking ourselves away silly.

Lana insisted that we play a game of spin the bottle, because she quote “hadn’t played that since seventh grade,” in which James argued that’s exactly the reason why we shouldn’t play it, plus there were only four of us. Theo looked at her like she just told us she was a man, and he wouldn’t go anywhere near her if it involved kissing. She finally convinced us to play when she said if the bottle landed on you, you have to take a shot and say something we liked about the person instead.

We made her go first obviously. The bottle landed on me that lucky bastard. I took the shot, my face scrunching up. I liked beer better, it wasn’t as burning. “I like your hair. It’s always so soft,” I said. The four of us were barely drunk.

Grasping the bottle, I spun and it landed on James. Shooting me a smile and wink, he took two shots just for the heck of it and confessed, “I always liked how you don’t take bullshit from anyone. Not even me. It’s hard to find a girl with a backbone nowadays.” Lana smacked him upside the head. James whined, “Wait your turn.”