Surprise?

A/N - Here you guys go! Thank you for the votes & comments :D Continue to show your support <3

-

-

-

"Natsu ! You're home !" Lucy grinned as she yelled out, probably from the kitchen.

"Yeah, how are you feeling now ?" Natsu asked, concerned. The blonde hadn't gone to the guild with him today since she said she was feeling unwell, plus she had barfed in the morning.

"Better ! In fact, I'm feeling pretty good !" Lucy replied, adding finishing touches to the cake she was working on.

"What are you doing ?" Natsu asked curiously as he tried to enter the kitchen, only to be blocked by his wife.

"Stop ! I have a little surprise for you so just go sit down by the table okay ? It's almost done and I'll be right out in a jiffy ! Anyway, how was the guild today ?" Lucy shoved Natsu out of the kitchen.

"Oh come on Luce !" Natsu whined before sitting himself down by the table.

He had finally figured out that what he felt for Lucy all these years was love. A few years back, he had confessed to Lucy, only to find out that Lucy had been trying to work up courage to tell him that she loved him. They had been married for a few months now, and life was good. As good as it could get for a Fairy Tail mage anyway.

They had finally found a nice apartment that was slightly bigger than what Lucy's apartment was like and he lived there with her most of the times. On weekends or certain days, Natsu would sleep over at his old place just to catch up with Happy. Happy had refused to move in with Lucy and Natsu, claiming that they were married and they all needed their own space. He had remained at the old house, taking care of it. Patherlily and Charle often came over and took turns sleeping over with the blue exceed.

"The guild is the same as always. Erza's all scary, Gray strips a lot, Happy seems to be making more progress today with trying to woo Charle. Honestly, Charle should just accept Happy, don't you think ?"

Natsu heard Lucy giggle.

"Well, it's Charle after all. She's as harsh as ever. I kinda think it's her defense mechanism. Which is strange you know, considering the fact that she does sleep over with Happy sometimes." Lucy replied thoughtfully.

"Oh yeah, Gajeel asked Levy out." Natsu said smugly.

"Finally ! And wait what ? How come something this big happens when I'm not at the guild ?" Lucy grumbled.

"I win the bet," Natsu smirked.

"Geesh fine, of all days it had to be today ! I would have so won if he was a day later."

"Luce, you done ?"

"Oh right, yeah, coming out now !"

Lucy emerged from the kitchen dressed in a frilly pink apron and her home clothes. She was carrying a large cake, and she carefully set it down on the table. Natsu observed her and eyed the cake hungrily. It had two colors, pink and blue, with a huge question mark in the middle. Natsu grinned, cake time !

Lucy swatted his hand that was reaching for the cake. 

"No ! Do you see anything about the cake ?" Lucy asked hopefully.

"Um..." Natsu was confused. Was the cake supposed to mean something ? "Ah, your favourite colors !"

Lucy sighed, before sitting down next to him. "Nope."

"Erm, you can't decide which color you like best ?"

"No ! Well, think about it, what does pink and blue usually stand for ?" Lucy hinted.

"Genders maybe ?" Natsu said, remembering the signs on toilet doors.

Lucy beamed. Natsu was getting brighter ! 

"So what, Luce ? You can't decide whether you're a guy or a girl ?" Natsu said, looking at her weirdly.

Lucy sighed once more and faceplanted. 

"Natsu, I'm pregnant." Lucy said calmly, eyeing his reactions.

There was a minute of silence when Lucy was starting to get worried. Natsu wasn't saying anything.

"Natsu ?" Lucy said tentatively.

Natsu grinned widely and leaned forward to hug her.

"I'm gonna be a dad !"

"You're not angry or anything ?" Lucy asked worriedly.

"Why would I be ?"

"Well, we've only been married for a few months and I was thinking that you liked our freedom. And that maybe it was too soon for a child." Lucy muttered.

"Maybe it is a little too early, but I know we're gonna be the most awesome parents ever !"

"Really ?" Lucy was grinning.

"Duh ! I'll teach our kid all my super cool dragon slayer moves !"

Lucy smiled, maybe this would work out just fine.